Aloha!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Training


Yesterday's 93 mile ride may have taught me 93 lessons! It was one of those rides that you hop off your bike and know it counted. Okay, they all count, but you know the ones that make you feel like a badass or at least more like a you deserve to ride without training wheels. Oh the little things learned on a long ride...

Hills and climbs eventually end. We are so much stronger than we believe. Wind only causes you to lose your balance if you let it. Water is the cure for most anything. Going faster does feel better. Going easier does feel better. You can make u-turns. Sometimes we just have to go with the downhills. I like it hot. A flat tire isn't the end of the world. Beeps and honks are gestures of love. I am thankful for food. 93 miles really isn't that far... 

My list could go on and on. I just know yesterday counted.


I have officially managed lots of beach time this week too!! As in, 2 trips to the Ironman buoy and runs along the coast. If you are wondering, the heat is on. I'm still too scared to take an ice bath even though I'm sure my body would thank me. Lessons from the heat...

Cool down the pace if you are about to fall over, it's faster than laying on the side of the road. Hats help. Less clothes and more sunscreen. Drink. Drink. Drink. Ice. Salty drinks. 


Um...
One more thing. I'm going to paddle a channel. This year is sort of amazing me. Last night I was reading my bucket list book from 2002, it said:

Go to Molokai
Paddle a channel
Sky dive
Be somebody's awesome wife
Sleep on top of a mountain
Pay off my credit cards

And a bunch of other things that by now have been crossed off. Turns out I jumped out of a plane in New Zealand earlier this year (that was a nightmare that will not return to my bucket list). I've been narrowing down the cc's and feeling confident my extra teaching will make it happen sooner than later. So my friends, the top two will happen very soon, with coaches approval of course! 

Love Bree









1 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I'm taking notes Bree so I can cope with the weather. so....er...how hot is it over there right now?

September 5, 2014 at 5:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home