Aloha!

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

G' Day Mates...



The difficult part has been survived yet again, as it always is. Never gets easier saying goodbye to Kainoa, but once the plane lands breathing comes more natural.  It's always a blessing, I remind myself, having this pro triathlete dream a reality, as it involves opportunities many will only imagine in their lifetimes.  But it's unglamourous to me not having the ones I love most to experience it with me. Perhaps that's why I'm indulging in Instagram and blogs, to share in some tiny capacity.  



Looking through all the airplane windows it took to land in Australia, I was gently reminded that we are truly a sum of all our experiences.  The broken hearts, the sharing of perfect moments, hard laughter, silent tears, love, fears, and everything in between.  They are the reason we are strong and weak, the reason for how we succeed when we should possibly fail, and the purpose for things we can't explain. I can feel my sister Brooke with me so deeply on this trip, maybe because I've been taking her yoga classes more frequently and she has this passion to love herself like no other woman I know.  It's teaching me to do this journey for myself, for once.  That's been a struggle all my life, always wanting to do for my son, or a loved one, or supporters, but through her I'm finding you are only better for all those you love, and the world, if you are first better to yourself.  She would know, she nearly lost her life torturing herself with self hate.  A recovered eating disordered victim that survived only because in some moment she decided to like herself...more...

So this being my first travel across the seas, without the pillar of love I once stood on, and my newly mended broken heart, I am happy.  Happy to be here, soak it all up for myself, and race for me.  Because I love this.  So much, and now is a time to rewrite some pages...



Back in beautiful Busso, I'm comforted by a little town I loved so much a couple years ago.  So many great memories came flooding back, including breaking my foot at at mile 15 of the marathon.  What a brilliant memory to run through a relive...that brokenness heals and you can still go on I even in pain.  That said,  I am so excited to race again, yet so calm and patient for Sunday to arrive.







I'm staying with a little family that perhaps serves as the perfect reflection of Aussie people. Truly giving, outgoing, and fun. The home reminds me of pinterest in real life, in fact I've been snapping pictures of project ideas I want to create once I'm back home! Including this giant dream catcher hung above my borrowed bed for race week.  I slept more peaceful than I have in a while, making me a new believer in the dream catchers!!  And of course, the sunsets remind me I am never really that far from home and just across the ocean is where I'll soon return, but until then...enjoy the moments...




Bree xo



6 Comments:

Blogger Boo said...

Heh Bree! So glad you're coming through in so many ways. Will be big time cheering you on this weekend. All the best. H

December 4, 2014 at 12:31 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Congrats, Bree! Another awesome race, way to go!! *keep inspiring* super mom! ;) Such a blessful life, safe travels home.

December 7, 2014 at 1:36 PM

 
Blogger brooke myers said...

This is me brooke

December 9, 2014 at 6:26 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I love the fact that you get inspired by the places you visit.
I did the same when I was in Hawaii and redecorated my entrance hall as soon as I was back in the UK. Every time I come home it reminds me of the turquoise pacific ocean with seashells and (an artificial) plumeria :-)

December 14, 2014 at 8:56 AM

 
Blogger Mrs Feed said...

nice !
http://soyouliveonlyonce.blogspot.com/

February 28, 2015 at 10:25 AM

 
Blogger Permai Lindal said...

Thanks for sharing info Webmasters SEO Marketing Forum and Webmasters SEO Marketing Blog and Webmasters SEO Marketing Blog and Uber Sucks and Permai Marketing Blog and KJRI Los Angeles and Cellulars Sales Los Angeles and Dogs Sitting Los Angeles and Security Guards Jobs Los Angeles and Guam Blog

July 1, 2015 at 11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home