Aloha!

Thursday, December 11, 2014

No swims. Bikes. Or runs...



Welcome to some possibly needed, much appreciated, and perfect timing..."time off". This week will be exactly NO swims, bikes, or runs. Not even a little recovery spin, a floaty swim, or a cruise jog at snails pace. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Think...nontriathlete. But...will make for a better triathlete.  A little mental & physical time off from my grind, my threesome, a passion.  In my 10 years of being a triathlete, well I called myself one before I really was one, just because I did 3 sports, I've never taken a full week off all three. Maybe just the run off, or the bike because I'm too lazy to build it back up after my last race of the season, or maybe the swim off because I got a tattoo that one time,  but this is new territory and I'm loving it...because it's gonna make me better.

I've been surfing, a return to my first love.  It's like riding a bike, it comes right back to you.  But it's not like riding bike, you have to put a little time in to get back in the groove.  That said, moments of laughter were happening out there that had me so thankful I needed a wetsuit top, 'cause I was all underwater like a hurricane.  Thankfully, it was just water...not like a bike crash. 


Hiding beneath the waves, always a nice place to be and one place that truly has me thinking absolutely nothing about triathlon. It's refreshing, rejuvenating, and kind of exciting to be popped out of the back of a wave.  Especially since Hawaii is having a nice Winter swell at the moment...you feel alive. Truth is, triathlon makes me feel alive too, so I'm counting on this little time off to make the old goofy saying that I've never liked to hold true, "absence makes the heart grow fonder". So maybe me and triathlon will like each other even more in 2015...
 

Home in the sunshine. Also working on ridding myself of those hard earned bike short tan lines, then I can earn fresh ones in 2015!! Haha.  This ocean playground truly is making time off triathlon fly by.  I think next week I'll get to add in some yoga, swims to the King's buoy, hikes, and maybe a little spin or jog at snails pace. And ah, our Jingle Bell run is next weekend too, hmm, have to figure out a way to make that a potential snail paced run, er jog.  Because how can anyone resist dressing up in holiday clothes and running a 5k!? 


In other good news, my body has finally stopped being so hungry.  You know how the first couple days after an ironman all you want to do is eat? I did that.  A fruitcake was calling me by first name yesterday, ate that too. It's my time to just listen and refuel without much thought.  This morning though, life resumed to a more clean eating me.  A green smoothie for breakfast. Phew.  It was delicious and I'm already thinking about getting back on the wagon, but no rush, coach has insisted I pack on a few pounds to let my body truly heal up. I'll stop with the fruitcake, soon...

Alright, that's all I have to report on around here. Hope everyone is having a really good start to the season. Bree xo



3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Bree your week sounds like mine.
No training! Nada! unfortunately mine is forced due to a broken bone. Enjoy your time off and that beautiful ocean, please have a swim for me as this is what I'm missing the most.

December 14, 2014 at 8:49 AM

 
Blogger Gary Fumeaux said...

Very informative post review. I am pleased to have come accross this article. I was eagerly looking for a post that give such information. Keep it up.
I have some relevant information you can review below.
a website about spin bike

February 13, 2015 at 7:24 AM

 
OpenID onlinyouk said...

Wow, it is really amazing, I like it, I also like to go out for exercise, but I am so busy.So I bought a exercise bike

January 22, 2016 at 9:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home