Saturday, November 17, 2007

Almost the Off-Season For me...

Today is one of those days... I am so pooped. Motherhood,being a wife, triathlon, side jobs, life... has taken it's toll on me and I can tell that today would be a great day to start my off-season. Today my body is ready to go to bed late tonight after watching movies and sleep in tomorrow (that never happens when you have a child though). BUT... I have my last long run tomorrow. I will get up early and tackle the miles that I love before sun up.

All my friends are fully enjoying the off season. In a small way I am too (my bike is collecting dust and hasn't been cleaned since Ironman-I figure it's okay since I didn't pee on it). But I am in a small way ready to be done with scheduled running workouts, must-commit-to-training plans, and even the anxiety of a race. I never thought I would say that... but I am feeling it right now.

On the bright side... tomorrow is the last long run for a while... then the race... and December 9th after 26.2 miles I can start my off-season...

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Hi Bree,

I am friend's with Dawn at Splish. Best of luck in your last race of the season! Just read your blog. Congrats on an amazing race in Kona! Way to go!

Eileen

BreeWee said...

Thanks Eileen! Do you swim as fast as Dawn... I can't imagine swimming like a fish like her!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eileen said...

No way, she is a fish! You are one too ;-)

Have a great Sunday!
Eileen

No Wetsuit Girl said...

I don't know how you do it! I would have just kicked my feet up after ironman, congratulated myself on a job well done, and gotten some quality time in with my couch. You're amazing!

ShirleyPerly said...

I, too, am so ready for my off-season and having a hard time staying motivated to train for my last marathon of the year. You're doing much better than me!