Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday...

Being Sunday, a good day for church, I ran into a little verse that fit perfect with the way I was feeling yesterday...

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task The Lord has given me. Acts 20:24

I was feeling a bit "pooped" yesterday. But reading this verse I was fully encouraged to just keep going... press on and finish this training-keep going-finish the race.

My long run (2:30) at low heart rate ended up being the perfect medicine. I just enjoyed the easy pace, watching the surfers, waving to other joggers on the road, and being up before the sun. It was so perfect...the best 19.64 miles I have had in a long time...

Happy Sunday... now time to play MORE toys with Kainoa and beg Jim to turn that football game down!

4 comments:

Beth said...

That's one of my favorite all time verses. It has helped me get through the "daily grind" of life so many times!

Best of luck in your marathon. Hope you enjoy the day and the payoff of all your hard work!

kerrie said...

good for you for getting that in! I'll be cheering for you on race day - I am sure that this year it will be a much better experience :).

ShirleyPerly said...

Good job getting out there! I need to do the same but am hosting Thanksgiving this year and have so much to do. I wish I could cook like you!!

Crash said...

game on - I replied to your "tag"