Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thank You!














Being Thanksgiving week all I have been doing is being thankful! I can hardly help but think of all the awesome people, family, & friends in my life. I am thankful for my good health & abilities. I am thankful for my beautiful island, community, having food & a roof over my head! For work and time...for life. The list goes on and on and on... and on...

As for triathlon... I suppose today is a good day to say "thanks" too!

Thanks first and foremost for my amazing family-for my husband and son for putting up with me and supporting my crazy habits! Thank you to
Coach Paul for EVERYTHING you have done for me, taught me, and beyond. Splish! oh man I would not have made it through all those swims without a fun new suit nearly every week-you kept me motivated to swim! Without my awesome team at Bike Works I would never have been able to change a tire, fix a flat, or even race! Thank you for covering my race entries & teaching me what a bike is!!! Lauren & Brooke you two have been my shining stars and biggest hugs in the world... and of course all the help with Kainoa was huge help! SCOTT bikes... Oh your bikes are too amazing for words! The search for a bike that fits short legs and long torso is finally over... so excited to work with you next season! Kona Community You are FAMILY! Mahalo nui loa! Jenny Naughty You have helped me so much with your wisdom & "mental" coaching... Thank you! ES You know who you are... None of these triathlon goals, dreams, and days would have been so much fun or possible without your support. I am thankful for your flyer miles too! :) Wee Bee Honey... basically, without that honey my almond butter sandwiches would be naked and I would lack the energy I needed to make it through all those long training sessions & Ironman! Triathletes I met over the season at races and on blogs (Liz Fedofosky) your help, tips, advice, and cheers have really made racing fun! Rachel Ross (RR) Where do I start?! First, I was dead lost on nutrition until you told me about those little Shot Bloks, and the emails of encouragement, and of course for working so darn hard and getting so darn fast- you really made all of us local girls step up to the plate! Finally, for being a lightening fast mom... you showed me I can race even after baby too! Karlynn & Eric... I don't want to say thank you because every Tuesday I see my life flash before my eyes and get dizzy as I think I am about to pass out... BUT... THANK YOU! I am so appreciative of Tuesdays & your help... Coach Steve... You have been like the dad I never had! Thank you for always believing me even when I know I see you laughing on the pool deck as I struggle and run out of breath! Thank you for your help during my post pregnancy too & of course all the Kona Swimmers! I love everyone from lane 1-8! Zoot, Eli... I know I would be frozen on the bottom of some ocean or lake in Canada without that wetzoot! Oh man that thing is beyond real! AND the bike shorts... thank you for keeping comfort in mind! Finally, a shoe that lets water out and no need for a sock- LOVE it!! Hope to wear it next year! Asics (Eric) I am really thankful for all... ALL... the shoes! You got me through the Ironman marathon training and through this Honolulu training... thank you! Cody B... you were the best training partner a girl could ever have! And last but certainly NOT least... REIKO San... Thanks for the massages that kept me going & all the fun Japanese help...












I bet a $1.00 I forgot a lot of people and supporters. SO SORRY! I am thankful for you too!


10 comments:

bee said...

Yahooo! I am so thankful, you have so much to be thankful for! I am also thankful for you beyond words and I love your friendship. :)

Sarah McMillan said...

And to Bree I am so thankful for you kicking ass at your first Ironman and inspiring me to train hard! Thank you for being such a rockstar!

CresceNet said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

BreeWee said...

Sarah-
Thanks for the comment... It means a lot. Best to you and your training-Happy Turkey Day!

Brooke Myers said...

You missed thanking the one sister who truly supports you more than well more than a lot...
what about thanking me and all I do..I am the greatest nanny you know....ha ha

just kidding you always give me thanks and support with all your training plans you write me and advice with triathlons, life, and so on...

BreeWee said...

Brookie! I did thank you... for Christmas I will buy you reading glasses... you are my shining star and I love you!

Emmalee said...

Congratulations on all your amazing accomplishments! I love reading about your races and your beautiful baby...And to think I knew you when...(haha).

I truly believe rainbows do await us and are signs of something good ahead. Thanks for the reminder that at the end there will always be that rainbow.

E. L. F. said...

THANK YOU for being such a fun e-mail friend. BEST OF LUCK at your marathon! :)

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, what a great support network you have. Thanks for being such an inspiration to me!

Rachel said...

Bree - you are such a sweetie. All of your supporters adore you and are just happy to be any part of your success! I am :)

See you over here for the marathon!

-rach