Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Love it! Love it!

This was the hi-light of the Christmas gifts in our family! Kainoa got this shirt and Jim loved it... He thinks triathletes are "freaks" and I like it because it's not "Baby Nike" or "Iron Baby"! ect. ect. !!!

After Kainoa crossed the finish line of Ironman with me in the Hooters shirt we were literally harassed about it from nearly everyone! Of course Jim who dislikes triathlon chose the Hooters shirt-on purpose. When that photo was published in several news papers (including Germany's 2.5 million read news paper) we had swarms of offers for Kainoa to wear "other" brands! Iron Baby even gave us hats for his next finish line photo-nope... not happening with Jim in charge! Even the tri mag (which I still have not seen) was contemplating whiting out his Hooters shirt...!

7 comments:

Kellye Mills said...

I LOVE the new shirt!! And though Hooter's is not my favorite place either, it is definitely memorable :) Just think Kainoa could have his own little baby Iron kids line before too long! ha, ha, ha!!

I completely understand where you are with Christmas and a 18 month old. Mine are 3 and 4 and just this year really starting to understand it. Each year it gets that much more fun though. Next year, he'll start to get some of the magic behind it all! I am glad you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

allbilly said...

I love a good double entendre...and your husband has a great sense of humor.

Marni said...

Cute shirt! I love it! It should say "Future Triathlete" :)

Mel said...

Bree,
I think you are going to have a awesome 2008 with the energy bars being big sellers ...and now companies wanting your child to model their products and you possibly becoming PRO....what a BIG year coming up for you :) EXCITING!!!!!
Mel :)

Brooke Myers said...

Jim must have gotten a kick for sure out of that shirt.. Too bad I couldn't have seen his reaction.. It is so you though...Borders is a yes if you answer the beep...

Speed Racer said...

Classic! Although I don't know if the type is going to be big enough to be clearly visible on next year's finishing photo. You may have to stick with Hooters, or some other equally inappropriate logo. Does the Spice channel make t-shirts?

Bill said...

Just picked up the new issue of Triathlete. There's Kianoa, in all his glory, t-shirt clear as day. No blurring, either.

I laughed, telling my wife about this story. The brought up the blog to show her the back-story.

Love the new shirt, too!