Thursday, February 21, 2008

Coach Paul is about to be BROKE!

Last night I got an email that was as cool as winning the lottery! My coach is going to give me 50 cents for every poster I hang in Kona that introduces the Lavacamp! I seriously think he was figuring I would help by putting up maybe 10. One in the local bike shop, one in the gym, ect... then give me 5 bucks. Sorry, coach, I love a good challenge and 5 bucks for hanging a couple posters-NO THANKS... I am on a mission to earn my flight money to Ironman Japan!

I am not kidding! He is about to go broke and I am about to become a VERY rich woman... today starts my mission of PLASTERING Kona in posters...and I am not joking! By the way... Jes (my Hilo friend/Lifesport teammate) do you wanna come help me rob Coach Paul? Ooooh, Rachel, fly over and you can help too!

What is the Lavacamp? Check it out here...


Lieto and Wee Confirm for LavaCamp

Chris Lieto, one of the world’s best Ironman athletes, has confirmed his attendance as a guest coach at the LavaCamp in Waikoloa, Hawaii. Chris battled at the front of the Hawaii Ironman this past fall eventually finishing sixth. Bree Wee, the all-time amateur Ironman course record holder in Hawaii, also confirmed that she will be at LavaCamp to share her “local knowledge” of racing in Hawaii. The Lavacamp is for an exciting training and learning opportunity with LifeSport Coaching, the “Official Coaches of Ironman”.

The Lavacamp, as featured in Triathlete Magazine, is a perfect opportunity to improve your triathlon skills and build early season fitness. All abilities are welcome. Training sessions will include Open water swim skills, Riding and hill climbing, Transitions, Running drills and pacing, Nutrition, Racing strategies, New technologies for Triathlon, Running form, Planning your season, and Equipment selection. The camp will take place from April 7-10, Only 20 spots available.

To register for this camp go here.... and for more information visit www.lifesport.ca

The man in the red shirt is about to become very poor and sleeping on the beach in Kona...

Today I will start hanging posters... and MANY thanks to Carolyn for the idea to record ALL the hours spent making coach go broke as "training time"...

17 comments:

Mel said...

Ha Bree...SAY "SHOW ME THE MONNNNNNEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY" come on I know you have seen the Jerry Mcguire movie (Tom Cruise) so I want to hear it come on..."SHOW ME THE MONEY" do the jig dance with it :)

Beth said...

Honestly Bree - I'm surprised your coach didn't think better of it to challenge YOU OF ALL PEOPLE when there was money involved!! If I had to guess, I'd say you don't usually back down from a challenge. :) Have fun collecting your cash!!

Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

Good heaven's! Didn't he think before he came up with this idea?! Honestly now...did he just throw a challenge at Bree Wee?!

Cha-ching! Take him for all he's worth!

Carolyn said...

BREEEEE !!! Yeah, now it's out there on table - he's going to eat his words,,,sorry Paul !! haha, good on ya, wish I was there to help fund Japan !!!!! See you soon (maybe without Paul??!) lol

Kellye Mills said...

That is too funny!! A deal's a deal, right?? Sounds like fun!! Is he going to limit the number of poster's he gives you?? :)

Dylan said...

Looking forward to Lavacamp this year!

Pedergraham said...

You should post up a file so that all your blogger friends could print out a flyer and put them up in our hometowns, take a picture, and then post them up--and then you can charge your coach double for the them!

Good luck with your flyer-ing!

Trigirlpink said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. I wanna come to Lava Camp and thaw out my bones. :-(
It's gonna snow (again) here tomorrow... Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Kellye Mills said...

Hey Bree!!

A c.d. swap sounds like fun!! Give me some ideas of the playlists you like, and I'll send you one!! We'll mix it up to make our ipods a little more interesting. :)

Thanks for the offer. You are so sweet!!

TB said...

To quote one of my favorite movies...

"You're killing me Smalls!"

I so want to come, but no way that's happening.

I bet you and Kainoa could hang a ton of posters!!

Eileen Swanson said...

AHAHAHHA, poor Coach! Maybe I'll fly down to help ;-) Yea, I wish. See ya soon roomie!

E

UntPawGal02 said...

Your poor coach! I hope he goes broke and you do earn your flight money to IM Japan off of him :)

Bob Almighty said...

For a share of Coach Paul's soon to be Plundered Wealth, I will gladly spread the word @ Ironman New Zealand

rachelross said...

Think I can work this deal for Oahu?

I could raise the money to come over for the camp :)

Get plasterin' Wee!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Hee, hee, Coach Paul is gonna regret giving you a challenge like that!

Can I help? I'll be back in Kona end of next week. That is, if you still have any posters left to hang.

Jenny Skinner said...

haha Bree.. sounds like a good challenge. But please don't take too much of Paul's cash, I have a deal with him, too, and he's gotta take me out for dinner!!

Looking forward to seeing you at Lavacamp, maybe tour around the big island with Jess?

Anonymous said...

Is he paying you with Canadian dollars? US dollar is weak these days...