Friday, March 7, 2008

Australia...

The image “http://www.camelotbears.com/images/koala_baby_pic.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

What if your fears and dreams existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven you had to brave hell? What if everything you ever wanted cost you everything you ever achieved?
Would you still go there?

I only cried once. Then I pulled myself together and got my butt on a long flight across the Pacific. 169 miles to Oahu, 5,060 miles to Sydney Australia, then a long delay in Sydney airport due to lightning storms, and finally an hour flight up to Brisbane where I spent my first night in OZ.

4am Hawaii time... I finally arrived to my hotel and the most tired I have ever been in my life. Tired from travel & missing my family. But I did it... I made it by myself.

I just returned from a nice little jog- my wake up call after 4hrs of sleep. I was hoping to shake most of the jet-lag out of my legs. I need to be ready to race. Yes, less than 16 hours after landing I will have my first of 2 races on this trip. One the first day & one the last day. (Today is Saturday-we are a day ahead).

Purely and surely the race will be a suffer-fest. But I love to hurt… the race is swim-run-swim-run. Yeah, I know, I am jumping into a slow death racing the Aussies in a double swim race. My biggest challenge in sport I get to do twice in one race. I like that though, I enjoy being humbled and I enjoy having to work hard. Besides, if this trip to OZ doesn’t hurt Jim will call it “vacation”.

After the race we will head to Noosa area and start the training camp…

So I ask myself, am I ready for my season to start? Am I ready to set more challenging goals for myself? What will it take to be a better me this season than I was last season and will I go to that place to find out?

I am going…

11 comments:

Trigirlpink said...

whooooooo hoooooo! I've been checkin' and checkin' back here and finally! Glad you made the journey ok. Travel is a bear along with the time change for sure.
Rest up! Looking forward to your reports from Ozzy!! ROCK THE HOUSE SISTA!

Brooke Myers said...

Yeah... I am so glad you made it.. Now it is time for you to hurt, train, laugh, smile, train more, hurt more, and stay focused on what this trip is all about.

Have a blast and best wished with the swim/run etc....
P.s I swam with the morning group in the ocean.. No worries I am keeping up with my plan....

Pedergraham said...

Good luck in your race tomorrow!!! I hope Kainoa is "reading" your blog--I bet he loves the picture of the koala!
-Danielle

Beth said...

Bree!!! You sure will go to "that place" - I have no doubts!! Best of luck in your race and training camp!! Have fun and TRAIN HARD!! Glad you got there safely!

Marni said...

Glad you made it safely. You are so lucky to have this experience and to be so gifted to live out the dream of a pro athlete. I am living through your career and I can't wait to read all about it!!!! Good luck!!! You will do great..you have many blogs to confirm that you are ready to rock n' roll!!!

E.L.F. said...

Bree! This is it! Deep breath, faith in yourself, faith in your abilities, take a leap and GO.

Kellye Mills said...

You're going to do awesome tomorrow! You're Ready!! Not just for the race, but the entire journey!

Mel said...

Glad to hear you made it there safe!! Now get rested and show them what fast girl Wee can do...Train hard, race hard, feel the pain....HAVE FUN :) Miss ya!

kerrie said...

glad you made it - i hope that too many tears weren't shed! i am looking forward to hearing about some of your workouts (especially the miles :) ) and what you are doing to get to that place!!!

sabina moon said...

Excellent blog you’ve got here. It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! You can visit my site.
Starting out in triathlons

vabna islam said...

Nice article. your article is very good and E-book is well. I love as like as E-book. I think there are best e-book link in the world. If any one search more e-book i seggust their visit here and collect more
Beginning triathlons