Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mahalo...

Yesterday my coach gave me some news...news I was happy about, thankful about, and appreciative to recieve. News that is special to me because it goes beyond me alone. It is a ripple effect from those involved in my life & sport.

I was awarded the 2007 Amatuer Female Triathlete of the Year Award. SO, as much as I would like to say it is an honor- it is more of blessing to me to have amazing people in my life that made it happen, that made my 2007 happen. Cheers to you- this is for you!

Many Mahalo's to my amazing Tri-coach Paul- I would have probably killed me by now but you stuck with me, pushed me, believed in me, and kept me focused, I am so thankful for you! To Coach Steve for holding my hand and heart since the day I moved to Kona & jumped in the pool. To Dawn at Splish for my swim suits...you made swimming FUN! To Bike Works Crew for being my family away from home & making racing possible for me. To Brooke for being my biggest cheerleader and helping me with Kainoa and becoming a mom. To Nick for putting the VROOM in my bike. To Jim for loving me-most days that is all I really need. To Kainoa for your smile and helping me remember there is WAY more to life than triathlon. To my family for riding this tri-dream with me. To my under-cover supporters for helping me in ways beyond anything within my means & believing in me enough to support me. To my training partners, Reiko for the rub downs, and Kona community THIS IS FOR YOU!

Okay, off to swim... Ready for 2008? I hope so because I need you again this year and am bringing you along for the ride!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bree, No way, Mahalo to you for being the person you are. Your kind heart and warm aloha smile light up our island far more than Madamme Pele will ever. Thanks Bree for helping me remember what is important in life and the power of the dream.
See you soon my Ironman friend!!
Dolphin Boy!

Marni said...

Congrats BREE!! You deserve it! YOu are not only true to the sport but you are true to your heart. YOu are so open, honest and thankful and I know you are enjoying (and thankful) to every opportunity and experience. You are a great blog friend!

TB said...

That is so awesome!

Beth said...

Yeah Bree!! Huge congrats. It's really fun to "see" someone get recognized for all their hard work and dedication to their dreams! Now onto bigger and better things for 2008!

James Cotter said...

congrats Bree!! see you back in Kona.

Mel said...

AWESOME Bree! You deserved it with all your hard work!! Keep going after that dream, no backing out now :)

Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

Congrats Bree! You definately deserve it!

TJ said...

Very cool!
Congratulations!

Kellye Mills said...

Congratulations Bree!! You deserve it and you definitely earned it!!

Anonymous said...

Bree,
I did see that and it is well-deserved!!! Much congratulations and you'll do just as awesome as a PRO!! Jen H.

shawn and tracy said...

Way to go Bree!!!! :) You truly deserved this award.
Tracy

Naughty said...

A 'sign,' an 'affirmation' from the Universe that you are doing what you are supposed to be doing with your gifts!

Congratulations!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Awesome! No one deserves it more than you, IMHO. CONGRATS!!!

rr said...

Congrats Wee, you so deserve it!! You had a great year, and next will be even better :) rach

Trigirlpink said...

Bree-
You are such a breath of fresh air.
Congrats on this HUGE accomplishment. What makes it even extra special is your ability to lead a balanced lifestyle and triathlon isn't the end all. Not a lot of people can do this. The fact that you can do this inspires many to(try) and do the same.
If I get the chance to come to Kona this year and I get to see you, expect a hug, not a "great to meet you" :-)

Speed Racer said...

Congratulations!!!!!! You deserve it.

Ashley said...

YEAH! What an awesome, and very fitting, award. No doubt you'll have the non-amateur version soon ;) Well done!

Dylan said...

Congratulations on your award!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award! Best of luck as a pro! Chris Wickard, IN

Anonymous said...

Bree - congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. I am so proud of you for taking the next step to pro!! elizabeth f.