Tuesday, March 11, 2008

On the right side...

Today was my kind of day...

Swim practice was way better this morning, I only pushed off on the wrong side maybe 3 times this morning. I also hung tuff and kicked, pulled, swam, drilled, and held my breath for 7 strokes at a time TOO many times all morning-all 5,100 meters & I LOVED it!

Next up, a nice 4:30 hr. ride with the girls up and over & through the hills, woods, farms, fields, and coast. The ride was pretty mello except for 4x20 min. time trial sections to break it up and add some VROOOOM (you know I love that). Having cool chicks to ride with is certainly a blast too. Just when you get a little mentally drained they push the pace and keep you on your pedals... and when you get a little too zippy they reel you in. I was pretty excited about the ride and even more stoked about the company.

Okay, the high-light... a massage! Actually it was more like a pain-fest with a lot of oil and some cuss words about to fly outta my mouth! I have never hurt that bad in all my life...I threw fists and legs and squirms & even jerks. Truly it was an unreal day in the life of a triathlete livin' her dreams in OZ. Did I mention who the massage man was? It was Laura and Greg Bennets "personal" massage guru and dinner chef! Yes, he lives with them in OZ & massages and makes daily dinners for them. I think THAT sounds like a next goal of mine in sport! Ladies... are you interested in seeing the massage man? If so, check him out here... TOBY

Cheers to everyone and I am so thankful for all your super emails & hang-tuff comments! Train hard & smile through it if you can!
Wee

12 comments:

Marni said...

how amazing! It is like I am there with you enjoying every moment!!! Post some pics when you get a chance..I'd love to see the aussie environment :)
Keep having fun!!!

TB said...

Good to hear!

Massage is a good pain.

Btw, looks like I'll see you at St. Anthony's. I got my slot.

Trigirlpink said...

Dear Toby:

Where have you been all my life?

sigh.....

Mira Lelovic said...

Wait, he gives massages and cooks? Forget Andy Baldwin, you send Toby to Little Rock!
Glad you are having a great trip! My "juicing" is going well!

Kellye Mills said...

Ok... so seriously, what's wrong with him?? :)

I am SOOO glad that you had a great day! I knew you'd find your groove! Now, you can focus on getting strong (5100 in one day!!) and having fun of course!

kerrie said...

good for you to bring it back! having a solid crew and a supportive environment can make all the difference :)

still waiting to see some pics...

Pedergraham said...

I was doing backstroke today in lane 1, trying not to get myself stuck in the ladders on the side of the pool, and thinking, thank goodness, I am not trying to do this and having to swim on the left side of the lane too!
Tell Kim that she can bring Toby back to On Track with her!
Did you run in the Kangaroo forest, too?

gosonja said...

Bree,
It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job out there. Way to hang on through the tough homesick sections, your a rock star!

Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

It sounds like your are finding a groove! Great job Bree! ENJOY THE PAIN!

Brooke Myers said...

It's about time you find your place you need to be right now.. Glad all went well for you today -

Penn, Devony, and some others have asked about you. I try to keep them up to date.

P.s if you get a personal chef, what would you do then for fun because I know you love cooking...?

Okay Breezy - have another super swim tomorrow and remember to have fun even when it hurts...

jessica rae kirkwood said...

Can you lure Toby to the big island and he can be your personal masseuse over here. He is pretty nice on the eyes!!

Glad you're happier! Guess what, I'm doing the Hilo half this weekend! woohoo! I am going to enjoy the scenic route and the entire course!

Have fun!!

Speed Racer said...

Sounds like you really are enjoying yourself over there, despite all your apprehensions. Except that massage, that sounded awful!

I don't know how I'd handle the swimming (and the biking!!!) on the wrong side. I hope your new bike buddies are keeping you from drifting into oncoming traffic!