Monday, March 31, 2008

Reflections of Australia...

THE BEST roomies a girl could ever have! Katya Meyers, Eileen Swanson, & Kim Loeffler
Don't I look SO "happy" about the weekly yoga session?! Don't let the look fool you, I loved Monday yoga... (those that know me really well can tell if I am being sarcastic or if I really loved it).
My roomie! Eileen and me... Gosh I miss our chit-chats at night and teasing her about her GREAT cooking skills. Let me tell you, she makes a MEAN piece of bread (ha ha... wanna burger E?!)
This was the ONLY moment of rest I had all 26 days! Not joking... I "embraced" this for all it was worth!
Nothing like a little back ache! Goofing off with the girls was one of the best ways to get the homesick-ness to hide and to unwind after a big training session!
NOT kidding... Katya and I (all of us actually) are in search of some internet access! We had all of us girls sharing ONE dial-up service so emails, blogs, web sites, photo down loading, phone calls home, work, ect. was really minimal! Here we are trying to steal some wireless action from a condo (no luck)!

Post open-water swim. For sure one of the BEST parts of camp were those sessions in the ocean! Something about being in the ocean makes EVERYTHING amazing in this life!

This was the first race we did. It was literally less than a breath after I jumped off the plane from Hawaii... maybe that is why I am in the back running into the ocean! Yeah, I am the one in the pink in the VERY back with the watch that was reading 11pm and all I could do was think about pillows and a bed!

Post race- fueling.

I had so many wonderful moments in OZ! My highlights were VERY high and my lows were my lowest. Through the ups I gained a bunch of strength and through the lows I gained a great deal of patience & perseverance. I once read an interview from Michellie Jones where she was talking about winning and losing. She said winning is GREAT (of course) but when you win you don't learn much. It is in losing & struggling that you learn the most. So my low moments I am realizing I learned more than if I never endured them... it is those moments on the trip that perhaps will help me to have a super season & maybe even the reason that in this moment I am smiling...

14 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

Great pics...and you look good too!

Nope, Im not moving again...I miss you tons too, so much so that it makes my insides hurt and I want to be back home so you, me, and Bee can hang out all over again. One more year...Im giving myself one more year...Love ya!

Marni said...

Wonderful pics! You should go back to the blogs before you left for your trip and reflect on everything. What an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing!

Pedergraham said...

Bree:
Thanks so much for sharing this. It made me smile to see you guys having good (but hard!) times.
:) Danielle

Mel said...

DO I see shopping in there....not time for that get out there and RUN :) LOVE the photo's.....Looks like a bunch of friends having a good time...memories that will last a life time!!!

Trigirlpink said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics!!! You guys are sooooooooooooooooo fit.

I love your splishy splish too.

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

LOVED the pictures - they look amazing! Sounds like you had a fantastic time and leaerned a bunch. WONDERFUL! Had to laugh at the race photo - you're still smiling though.... it looks hilarious - thanks for sharing. No doubt you kicked butt anyway!

Happy recovery (if you get it)... I think you mentioned your coach would be with you for the next 2 weeks. Perhaps not.... :) Happy TRAINING - you are AWESOME!

Ange said...

Thanks for sharing your photos and so much about yourself on this trip. It's been very inspiring. I also believe that it is during the tough times that we learn the most. Nice job taking so much away from this experience.

Eileen Swanson said...

OMG WEE, I am totally crying now. We had the best times and some of the toughest times too. We DID IT! It was an AMAZING journey. I could not have done it without you. You were there for me when I needed a kick in the pants, on those rides, runs, swims. I will never ever forget Coach getting mad at us for not descending our last 100s and you and Janet were ready to puke and I kept saying "yes Coach, we'll do it next time" and you were looking at me like I was absolutely insane ;-) I love you lots Wee.....E

Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

Love the pics! You girls sure worked hard but the pictures show the fun times too!

Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Kellye Mills said...

What great photos!! I noticed that you were still smiling in that race photo as well! I think it's ok to be a pro and still have fun at what you do. That's what makes it a "dream job" right!?

I'm glad you're home, and I bet Kainoa was SOOOO happy to see his mommy! Keep up the great work Bree!

UntPawGal02 said...

Looks like you had a great time in Austrailia at camp! Love the running beach start pic!

Bruce Jones said...

I bet the guys vacationing in Austrailia got back home and told their friends, "We HAVE GOT to move to Austrailia, every women there is fit, athletic, and beautiful! It's ridiculous all they do all day is run, swim, and bike!"

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Bree,

I have been lurking on your blog and having fun living/working out/vicariously through you! You are so real and have a great sense of humor that I am sure will serve you well this year. What a productive trip for you! Look out Pros! Looks like you will have a great season. Keep up the entertaining blogs and continuing to inspire Tri Moms like me! It means a lot!!

sue said...

徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務