Monday, April 7, 2008

#2

I know Lavaman is over... BUT I am still thinking about #2. I cannot believe for one moment I was racer #2. I got to wear the #2 on my bike, my helmet, on my arm... That means my bike was racked between the Hawaii Studs! You better believe I was scoping out their bikes and how they set up transition (yeah, still learning so I figure best to learn from the best). Really there weren't too many secrets.

The other number 2 I keep thinking about is my bike! My second bike came and today I got fit for it! A ROAD BIKE! I have never owned a road bike in my life. I have always only had one bike (usually a hand-me-down until my Scott). Now I am a VERY PROUD owner of a beautiful black and pink Scott road bike! I LOVE it! THANK YOU SCOTT & ADRIAN!

Round 2 of Mahalos... I want to shout out a second thank you to BikeWorks for setting me up for on my TT bike- I LOVE the fit. Also to Gerry, Linsay, and Laura for putting on such a FUN race (my favorite to be honest)...WELL done ladies! And of course another thanks to coach Paul for reminding me that I do love racing... and Jim and Kainoa for loving me.

And finally, round 2 of missing my husband! I finally get home to Kona and he has to go to work on Oahu! I really am not too keen on this whole idea of being away from family all this much. BUT until I get really fast or we get really rich it looks like this is life...

Night...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another bike? Good on ya mate!! Have fun on the road bike climbing Kaloko. Maybe we can do my favorite ride up Kohala Mt. someday? I totally agree with you on the FAV triathlon called Lavaman, of all my races I've done it is TOPS! The beach party rules!
See ya soon!
LOST in Hawaii....

Marni said...

Guess what..now you are number 1!!! congrats. You are going to LOVE your road bike and you will get a lot stronger. And when you are rich I'm sure you will still be loving triathlons just like you do now!:)

Kellye Mills said...

You earned and deserve that number!! That really is awesome! Jim must really love you if he is ok with the fact that you're literally surrounded by hottie tri guys ALL the time! :)

Eileen Swanson said...

So glad you got your bikes. I know you were so looking forward to them when we were in Oz. Awesome! Super duper happy for ya ;-) Wait, you forgot to mention how much you missed your SSS/fav roomie ;-) HA! Remember when we hid from Kat and were squealing like little kids.....HAHA!

Miss ya Wee,
E

ShirleyPerly said...

CONGRATS on a great race Bree! You so deserve a new bike and that awesome race number. You deserve a year's supply of visors too :-)

Bruce Stewart said...

Has any shoe company come round with a multi-million dollar contract yet?

Speed Racer said...

It seems like your blahs are over and you've got the glow back in your smile and the fire in your belly. I'm so glad!

Oh my god! We get our road bikes on the same day! We could be TWINS (sort of)! The big difference being, you don't have to pay for yours. I bet there were a couple of pros there checking out YOUR transition area too. Or at least they will be at the next race, that's for sure.