Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lido Key




I grew up on the beaches of Lido Key. Rough currents, jelly fish, red tide, turtles, sand diggers, sea gulls, shells, boats, dolphins... it was my second home.

Coming home to Florida has been really special. I get to be with my family and friends (friends I have had since 6th grade!). But the best is watching Kainoa & my big sister's son creating the same memories my sisters and I shared years ago in the same spot.

This week is pretty mello. A taper (first one all year) heading into St. Croix. Some beaching it, a bit of shoping, a lot of big family dinners, talking all night long like sisters do, and of course having my mom cook-clean-change Kainoa's diapers is GREAT too!

And of course I get to dig through my grandma's inspirational quotes (she has more than me). I found just the perfect one to fit my "frustration" about my bike ride at St. Anthony's...

Trouble came knocking at the door but heard laughter and ran away.
Ben Franklin

So... now I am laughing...





12 comments:

LoveOfShoes said...

Love the pics! Not sure if the pic on the bike is before or after serving your time, but it looks like a big smile on your face!

Eileen Swanson said...

Such cute pics Wee! Got your email, thanks. You are doing awesome and livin' it up. Ahhh, I miss the night time chit chats ;-)

E

RR said...

Wee - some of my first beach memories are from Lido Beach! I love that place.. enjoy the taper girl, and the seagulls, the Gulf, the sand dollars.. all that fun FL stuff we transplants don't get out here :)

TATI said...

haha love the quote :)
we've all had crap to deal with at times not so appreciated...but as u know, it's all a learning and growing process.
kick some booty at st. croix!!!

Cy said...

Awesome photos! Such special memories.

Complete with taper and redemption, you're bound to have a super race in St. Croix! Have fun!

Beth said...

How fun that both you and Kainoa are going to have fond beach memories growing up...

Hope you are enjoying your taper - sounds like it. Have fun in St. Croix. I can't wait to hear how fast you goooooo!!!

Anonymous said...

Bree....we would love to see some old family photos of you and your sisters along the beach in FL. Hahahaha! Make us laugh.....!!
P-

Anonymous said...

BREE!
Great chatting at St As! Have a great time in ST Croix and a great race....you will: rest + some redemption! GO GO GO! Jen H. :)

Speed Racer said...

That biking picture is the COOLEST PICTURE EVER! Having the background all blurry like that makes you look so fast! The kiddie photos are cute too.

Best of luck in St. Croix. I'm sure you're going to kick ass.

Leigh Anne said...

Hey Bree~

Way to go at St. Anthony's and I'm lovin' the pics of Kainoa and the rest of the family. Good luck to you at St. Croix.

Love ya.

kerrie said...

you are going to rawk at st.croix - just think, you already got your 'messed up' race of the season out of the way. enjoy your taper and time with your family! i'm glad your mama is taking good care of you and k. ;)

Jen in Budapest said...

I can't think of a better way to spend taper time than with your sisters. Enjoy those special moments! So great. :d Love & blessings. Jen