Thursday, April 17, 2008

Where's My Mom?

What if there was a way your little guy (and all your friends and family) could be part of your race day? I mean they could experience it all with you... the entire day...know your pace, your heart rate, even your exact location! They are at your side, cheering you on, but without the physical pain... nice...

For a lot of us moms, dads, & athletes with family we sometimes end up at races without them. Imagine if it were possible for them to cheer us on from home! (Yikes! That means even our coaches could track our every move!)

(see above photo) That's Heather Gollnick, yep, mom of 3, her and I have jumped onto the Trakker craze! We want our kids, hubby's, coaches, and family to be a part of our every race! (Even when we are in a different country!)

www.sharetheglory.com

With the Trakker we can race triathlons, marathons, ect. and be tracked! Using GPS the Trakker sends our exact location and our pace, HR, total time, and more directly to the Trakker website where our loved ones can track us down!

Being a wife & mom first I am stoked to have teamed up with Trakkers! They are making it easier for my family to experience triathlon with me...

Trakkers is still in the product development phase and needs a little help from some crazy racing fools! If you race (doesn't matter your speed) and you want your loved ones to be part of your racing experience then you can help get Trakker launched this season!

Here's the deal... contact Charlie. That's it! By helping with the product development (by giving some input) you will get to use the Trakker product up to 3x per year! Yep, that's it, and your family can track you down and cheer you on from home!

Leave me a comment if you need more info. Contact Charlie (click here) or info@trak-kers.com if you want to chat with the man in charge. Or click on the Trakker logo above.

Have fun getting Trakked down...

9 comments:

Marni said...

that is so cool! I'd love to be apart of that. would that work with cycling as well? Karel and I are usually racing on the same weekends and it is hard keeping in touch all weekend with updates. I think that is a great idea. Glad you posted that! It is also great to keep in touch with other people as well!

Trigirlpink said...

Jumping too on the Trakker offer if they want me. Sounds fun. Mr. TGP/MIT graduate and getting his PhD part time loves this GPS stuff.
I hear you on the simplicity of a one sport gig. LOOOOOOVE triathlon but by the end of the season, if I have to pack up one more bag or clean out a smelly wet gear bag with power gel and pee on my race shoes... I'll loose it!!!
You could qualify for the OLY trials NO QUESTION if you chose to do so. I'd bet a kidney on it. Ha!

Trigirlpink said...

Oh.. I had to do a tready run test tonight and I thought of you. I never run on the treadmill and I pray I did the test correctly and I don't have to re-do it since I didn't last the entire 30 minutes before bailing out! I though I was gonna hurl after seeing my HR get up to 194. Let's just say.. "she came undone"
lol... Ok.. NOW I'm clogging up your blog! Sorry!!!!!!!!

Home Theater said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Bob Mitera said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Heather is a 5 time Ironman Champion! In reality she WAS the defending champ...not to mention an outstanding Coach and the Mother of three kids. I think her kids wearing those shirts was COMPLETELY appropriate. Maybe the folks who didn't think it was very "cool" should step back a sec. It was all in good family fun.

gosonja said...

I agree, triathlon is a very mental sport and if people were bothered by the defending champ's kiddos running around with those shirts, they should probably take a closer look at their own mental training. If you are in the right head space as a triathlete something like that shouldn't bother you, right??

Speed Racer said...

How cool! It's about time that technology came out.

And you should totally copy that t-shirt idea for your family. You could probably even get Hooters to sponsor you. You could be Team Wee's Boobies.

Bob Mitera said...
This comment has been removed by the author.