Saturday, June 14, 2008

2 more nights...

let's get ready to rumble!! That's my college friend Em! For fun she pretends to be the Karate Kid... Perfect timing to goof around SINCE I ONLY HAVE 2 MORE NIGHTS TILL BLAST OFF TO FUKUE!

I ran in my race shoes yesterday, rode my bike for the final time at home this morning, and my Splishy is ready to swim in... oh, and a wet suit!

The training is done. I have done all I can do. Ridden hills till my legs fall off, swam in a choppy ocean, and ran in the heat. The bricks, long & short, base & race effort have been completed. My body has been massaged, my doctor took good care of me and got me healthy as can be, Jim made sure I went to bed early, coach killed me & is now tapering me, the Kona crew has supported me through every mile of the Ironman Journey (literally). My supporters have made it possible for me to have what I need to train and race. My buddy TB has helped keep me in balance with all the prayers and pushing my faith. My son has reminded me to play and keep it fun. And my family has supported me unconditionally. I am ready.

One thing I have learned about training is that if you do it, all of it, and focus on the process, then come race day there are no doubts in your mind. You show up knowing you belong there, you are ready, and that you have done all you can do. Now you just have to do the best you can with what the day brings.

Standing on the beach of Fukue I will be ready. On my bike I will be ready. On the run I will be ready. My pace, my nutrition, keeping my focus is all I can control and those things I am ready for. What the other athletes do is not my business. I wish them the best possible day and am hoping all of us have a great, safe day out there...

Am I ready to rumble? Count me in...

29 comments:

James and Lindsay Cotter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James and Lindsay Cotter said...

Bree,

You are in prayers! Best of luck in Japan. I know that you can and will perform your best out there!
LCotter

Trigirlpink said...

Wooooo hooooo. IT's SHOW TIME! I should be saying again... this is second nature for you right??? A day at the office! Let 'er ROLL!!!
Safe trip over.

Emmalee said...

That's hilarious. I got a little confused when I saw my karate kid picture up there. Haha. Think of it/me while you're running in Japan, I really wish I could get the headband to you in time. The Karate Kid will give you motivation!!!!!
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Grrrrrrrrrr!
GO GET EM BREE! Leave it all out there! We'll be cheering for you all day! Jen H. :)

TB said...

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

You're ready!!!

Audience of One!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to watch you smoke the course. You make us all so proud here in Kona to be able to call you OUR hometown girl!

Go get 'em Bree and have a blast! You're ready!!!!

Nottage Family said...

No doubts..........that is for someone who has done the work! You have........

You and your family are completely lovable no matter your result.......we are proud of you.

The Nottage Family

Train-This said...

GO BREE GO!!! AND HAVE FUN!

:-) Mary

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) said...

Take care these last few days, watch your step climbing stairs, be careful lifting luggage, etc., watch what things you eat, and most of all watch out for strong air-conditioners in hotels, etc. From watching the HI Ironman last year, the last few days before the race are equally important. I am sure you will have a great race, and what is more, you will be more or less in my time zone. "Rest 'em up!" as Harry would say.

Kellye Mills said...

Woooo Bree!! You ARE ready! I can't wait to follow along with the rest of the world next weekend! You are going to do AWESOME!!

IM Able said...

Woot! Woot!

Show 'em HOW IT'S DONE!!!

Cricket said...

The Richau's are behind you all the way! We are soooooooooooo proud of you- You are like no one We've ever known...You are a pro and you are ready for this! We love you, we're praying for you and we're grateful to call you family! Have a blast- and Win! You deserve it!
We Love you! Paul, Cricket, Aubrey & Hayden

rr said...

You are SO READY!!!

And we all can't wait to follow you -

Keep smiling, enjoy every moment, and the performance you've trained for will be there.

Cricket said...

Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
Joshua 1:9

shawn and tracy said...

All the best I will be cheering you on! Rock it SPLISH Mate!
Tracy

Mel said...

OK Bree..ALL this hard training...skipping one of your fav races for THIS race...It is time to SHINE...You HAVE this!!! Have FUN...smile, wave, EAT SUSHI (spell check here...don't eat that shit:) Race YOUR own race..This is HUGE and I will be glued to my computer ALL day....Leave it ALL out there and be ready to see Jim and Little K waiting at the finish for you........You've got it girlfriend :)

kerrie said...

don't you just love taper time? i know you are going to rawk the course...so sad that i won't be able to follow on line but i will be thinking of you sweating in japan as i shiver through lake CdA :), lol.

you are going to have a great day!

Patrick said...

The time is now. You are dialed in.
Do what Bree does best. Stay focused and believe 100% in the power of your Dream!
Your mind has taken you through the Ironman Journey but your Heart will take you further!!
Rumble in the Pacific. Make it happen.

Just remember "you are a girl"!!hahahaha (from the video)

P-
PS. your bike is ready!

Mer! said...

Have an absolutely wonderful race Bree! With all the support you have---and your positive thoughts, you're going to rock!

Sending fast twich fibers from San Diego!

ShirleyPerly said...

In case I miss you again before you leave, best of luck! I'll be thinking of you next weekend along with all the other folks doing IMCdA.

PS - I'll be at the Peaman event on Sunday!

Maijaleena said...

Have a great race and enjoy Japan. It sounds like you are focused and ready to kick butt.

Amber Dawn said...

Have a stellar day! Here is one of my favorite quotes for you...

"I am not afraid, I was born for this" -Joan of Arc

Melissa said...

Hi Bree. You are so ready for this race! Go get 'em!

Bob Almighty said...

Safe Journeys and a constant tail wind! You are ready now race like the wild samurai you are!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Leeeeettttttsss ggggeeeeettttttttt

RRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDYYYYY

TO RRRRRRRUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMBBBBBLLLLLE!

GO GET EM!

Eileen Swanson said...

HI WEE!! We can't wait to cheer for you, I'm sure you'll here us all the way from Cali! You are sooooooo ready to rock! You WILL! You are awesome!

P.S. Thanks so much for the book! I will be reading it every night!

Love,
Your fav roomie ;-)

Marni said...

Travel safe! You will do great!!! :)
Good luck and have fun...remember all the posts which will confirm that you are ready to rock n' roll!!!

Danielle said...

You are going to do SO awesome in Japan! I will be cheering for you from Atlanta and tracking your race!