Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Back from the dead...


It has been one of the longest bunch of 11 days ever in my life! My arms look like I might be on something from all the needles, getting poked, and giving blood to get myself back in one piece! BUT I am on a mission. Seriously, when I put my efforts into something I am gung-ho about it!

My efforts are totally on taking GOOD care of me! I thought I had super healthy eating habits with all my juicing, whole foods, and home made baking sugar-free style BUT I got a lot to learn so I am seeing an AWESOME nutritionist now.

Last nights dinner included one of my new recipes, maybe one day I will post it... and of course my raw foods cookies that ended up going to Pat, and some Weenut balls! Those are a MUST post recipe for later...

And for the body- coach is starting me back to training, base effort only. I got to run 8 miles yesterday. That was one of the best 60 minutes of my life! I forgot how much I LOVE to run when I am forced to take 9 days off from it. Today was a nice 2:30 ride... HILARIOUS stuff! Pat joined me, I only invite him when I have to ride zone 1/2 because he makes me ride that easy, and sometimes that easy can be boring. He makes it so much fun.

The ride today had me nearly wetting my pants. You can read about it on his blog: click here

THEN, with my new efforts to be the best me I can be I hit the hot yoga studio! Nothing like dripping sweat with a bunch of smelly people and getting my body all stretched out. I tell ya, this mission has me on fire!

Of course I am working on the mental part of sport & life too. I am reading "The Pursuit of Excellence" given to me by Coach. It's a page turner for sure... and of course my pal TB has me looking up verses in the Bible like a mad woman as well! So, life is getting back to normal around the Wee home.



Jim is really into surfing with Kainoa lately. Never too young right?! Post Japan I plan to get back on the board too... No way can I let my not-even-2ys-old son out surf me!

As for Japan... 13 days till blast off and I have so so so many people to thank for making it happen that we can go as a family! Thanks to JS family, Trakkers family, and Coach Paul for all the help in getting the Wee's to Japan...

Tomorrow is swim-run-swim... oh yes, back to life as someone training for an Ironman.

22 comments:

Brooke Myers said...

Glad you are back to feeling better. I can only imagine your ride with Pat...best of luck training and getting prepared to hit Japan!

Did you like yoga tonight?

ShirleyPerly said...

Atta girl, Bree! Way to pull it back together. I'm so inspired to hear how you're bouncing back from all this. Will be on the lookout for you as I'm moseying about Kona.

rr said...

So glad you're up and running again! And I cannot believe how soon you are leaving.. so glad the whole family is making the trip!!

R

Mominator said...

That's the smile that's been missing!! Watch out world!

Love the pic of K on the board!

kerri said...

OOHHH so gald you are feeling better!!! I was missing your motivational, butt bustin workout blog reports. HERE YOU COME JAPAN~~ YAHOOO!

Pedergraham said...

Glad that you are feeling better and back to training. I am looking forward to hearing about the Wee family in Japan.
-Danielle

Cricket said...

Yeah! You're feeling better! Somglad you're back to your ole self!
Kainoa is adorable on the surf board! He'll be one of those cute little surfer kids before we know it!
Love you- Can't believe you'll be leaving for Japan so soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Bible versus' are awesome. There are 31 chapters in the book of Proverbs. One of each day of the month.

Anonymous said...

It would have been great if you had a little hand held video camera to record some of your ride. I'm sure all of your blog friends would love to see some video! I'm just saying......

Cy said...

Bree-It's wonderful that you are back in action. I love your gung-ho attitude!! That's what it takes to get the job done in Japan. You will be awesome.

Benson said...

Fantastic pic of you on the bike. So cheesy it makes me smile too.
OK, a 2-year old on a surf board...I am so jealous.
Keep going on the healthy track and rock it at Japan!

TB said...

Living life to the full!!!

jahowie said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better!! You'll kick some serious butt in Japan!! :-)

Jen said...

Bree...so glad you are feeling better! If I ever make it back to the Big Island, maybe Kainoa can give me some surfing lessons :)

j-mo said...

good job bouncing back Bree!
Kainoa looks like a natural on the board there.

shawn and tracy said...

Glad your getting back into the swing of things. Cute bike pic ;-)Can't wait to see how you throw down in Japan!!!
Tracy

Rory said...

Please please please post some recipes! Glad that you are up and running again.

TATI said...

yay, so glad you're all good now...kick butt!!!!!
being sick might have been a blessing in disguise as i'm sure you're even more fired up about training/racing now....scary thought for all the other girls ;-)

kerrie said...

sounds like just the ride you needed! i love the fact that you wore a cotton t-shirt - way to keep it real ;)

Patrick said...

If anyone wants a good laugh with Bree, next time you see her in person or speak on the phone ask her to pronounce the words "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome".....You will laugh your butt off!!!hahaha!

Sorry Bree.....

IronMatron said...

You look like a super model on that bike! Could be a commercial--for what, though, I don't know!
Glad to hear you are back from the dead and better than ever!

Sarah said...

YEAH, BREE'S BACK!!! I absolutely love yoga and SWEAR by it. When I finally found a great instructor...it became essential every week. I really have moments where i feel like it's better than massage. REALLY!!

13 days and counting...I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Can't wait to see some recipes, too...