Friday, August 15, 2008

Shout out to Lisa...

Teammate Lisa Mensink is racing in the triathlon Sunday!! Go Lisa!!!

I have nothing too cool happening here in Kona. Kainoa just peed his pants, the pool is closed, it is voggy out (nothing new), and I am glued to NBC.

BUT there is something SUPER cool about to happen for someone I know...

In 2 days Lisa will be racing in the Olympics! It is one thing to have a hero in the games or to watch people you admire, but when you really know one of them, have trained with them, roomed with them, and tried to keep up with them, IT IS HUGE.

It is as if I want for her to do well, enjoy it, and have the race of her life as if it were me...

Lisa YOU ARE AN OLYMPIAN AND NOBODY CAN TAKE THAT FROM YOU! #39 we are cheering for ya!

If you want to check out her blog she has been pretty good about keeping it updated from China. Here it is: Lisa Mensink

5 comments:

The Young Family said...

wow! to know someoneat the Olympics that is great!! Doesn't it give you a sense of pride just knowing her? I would think it would! My hubby went to school with a gal on the second season of The Biggest Loser (she married Matt the winner of that season), it was fun to watch her on tv!

Em

Sarah McMillan said...

Bree, I know this is off topic, but when are you coming to Penticton?!?

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

I hope Lisa does well, too, because at least you know her and I know you. I don't know any of the others but by name. I have read her blog reports and realize that she's worked really hard and sacrificed to make it this far.
In addition, if while tapering you have time to think of others' endeavors, someone I met through another friend attempted to swim the English Channel yesterday. I don't know the result, but I guess she (Maggie Kidd) will soon write a report on her blog: http://cooshy.blogspot.com/
If you read that you will realize that it is a different kind of challenge, but a really big one, too. How about you trying it? You can design a splish suit with the English Channel on it.

Marni said...

GO LISA!!
Bree, you are next for 2012! :)

Marni said...

GO LISA!!
Bree, you are next for 2012! :)