Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Old School...

Made it to Miami...

AND it is FREEZING! I forgot how cold Florida gets (63*). Forgot a lot of things actually... like how much fun I used to have in South Florida. The Latin dancing, the go-carts, surfing, camping on the beach, skinny dipping at Flag Poles, Palm Beach Atlantic, fishing off the sea wall, climbing buildings at night like we were Superman, the tolls, and of course my friends.

As soon as word hit that I would be in Florida it became a "reunion" of sorts. My best college buddies called me, my favorite Puerto Rican room mate emailed, and a friend I have been friends with since we were 8years old came and rescued me from Miami and Ricky Martin.

Tonight we went to Ft. Lauderdale in search of Sublime. (not the band, the restaurant). It was well worth the trip as we drove through the old streets where we once caused too much trouble. Girl talking about boys, college, life...

If only my camera was working, my photos would tell stories of the "old school" days where I actually stayed up late and thought Speedos were dorky. Now I am ready for bed. Tomorrow I hop a flight to Tallahassee to meet up with one of my supporters/friend. 2 days later I get to see my Florida Family.

Night!

8 comments:

Maggs said...

Have fun with your family and friends. It's cold in Honolulu too...lows in the upper 60s or something...brrrr.

BriGaal said...

Have fun in Florida! Are you going to be at IMFL? Did you go to PBA? I had a bunch of friends from high school who went to college there :)

Eileen Swanson said...

gracias por la invitacion! no puedo ir a florida, lo siento! I really wish I could! miss ya too....remember when.....HAHAHAHA!!

luv,
E

ariel said...

congratulations, enjoy your vacation. hope to see you more often when i move into town.

thankyou thankyou for being there cheering me on... i heard you :)

Ariel

D said...

In the 60's. You ladies are so spoiled :P

kerrie said...

sounds like fun! do you ever listen to juanes? i want to go see him in concert - he's hawt!!!!

CoachLiz said...

Fear not, the weather will be warming back up. How was the concert???

SeaCreature said...

BREEEEE- glad I could show you all the old stomping grounds! Nothing like a 30 minute drive for vegan food to spark some great conversation. I hope north Florida treats you as well as your homies down here! lots of love.