Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Summer Time...

Bring out the short shorts, the shortest you can find! Kona is funny, we have two temperatures- hot & hotter. Once the Ironman hoopla is over it feels like summer begins! The massive training has wound down, the race directors, officials, and IM directors (whom I know very well) finally get a break! They literally work ALL year long planning & prepping for the week long Ironman hoopla...and when it is done, much like a kid waiting for school to get out and summer to begin... we break out the short shorts, hit the beach, and enjoy summer (because it is sunny still!).

What the H-E-double L do you do!? Sit on your bum and get fat? Plan for 09? Start holiday shopping?! This time of year always throws me through a ruckus... no routine drives me absolutely nuts! I had to create a "summer routine" just to keep me floating! There isn't even anything to blog about other than "playing at the beach with Kainoa AGAIN".

Happy SUMMER everyone! Or "off season" if you live where it is cold! Find the shorties and enjoy the ruckus before it's time to get into full swing training again! Oh, and just in case you are planning the 09 schedule and want to find a race super hilly... check this one out! REV 3

.

17 comments:

Dolphin Boy said...

Short Shorts? YOU??? NEVER!!

Shorter the better? Bet you felt uncomfortable wearing my shorts last week!! LOL!! Triping over them?

If you find something to do please call me....I'm still in the off season for too long.

IM buddy...

Kona Shelley said...

Summer time and the livings easy eh....and wowie wow wow on that race, looks super cool!

D said...

OMG... it's sooooo cold here. I'm in sweatpants, a long sleeve shirt, a sweatshirt AND under my comforter. I'd like to come back to Kona now, please.

Jamie said...

Do you even own any long shorts? If so, I definitely haven't seen any pictures...

I'm totally psyched about the REV 3 race too! Not only because we could actually race together, but it is only about 15 minutes from where I grew up and my family still lives. I know those hills pretty well and they are BRUTAL.

I just think I may be able to work it into the schedule I have for next year too. :-)

I'll have to give Luke and Cameron a run for their money.

themagicisback said...

I totally know what you mean about the routine thing. Today was my first day where I didn't know what to do with myself. BORING! BORING!

And yes I'm recovered from sunday! I really sent my body into overdrive, first the Ironman then the wild after party. Now I'm sick! :( My body doesn't know what to think!

REV 3 in CT! Your traveling far! I might have to tag along!

forgingahead said...

We're having our Indian Summer here in San Francisco and I went running tonight in my short-shorts in your honor!

D said...

I'm watching you on tv again... this time IMC. Man, you've really made your Canadian television rounds this year! :P

Bruce said...

During the "off season" you could still be training regularly. Only that you can be a little more relaxed doing it. I am in the "off season" for swimming at present, focusing on form more than speed. It's still a lot of fun. Remain disciplined - no point in just fattening yourself in front of the TV.

Cricket said...

Have fun!!! That's what life is about- it's nice to have "nothing to do" - ease the mind & soul... I'm sure you'll have no problem adjusting in no time.
Miss you...
Give Kainaoa a big kiss from me- He looked adorable in his Diego Undies during the Undies run-

Wes said...

After IM Florida, I plan to get out the P90X DVDs and get ripped :-) A ghostly pale ripped for sure, but its NOT warm here :-D

Steve Stenzel said...

Hey, I bust out my short shorts even when it gets cold! See my last few posts...

;)

Beth said...

Hey Bree!! Enjoy your summer vacation! :) Hey - that race sounds really cool. Gotta write that one down!

Flatman said...

I don't think I would look good in those shorts...!

Enjoy your down time. Hope you don't get too bored! :) Get a trail-a-bike and you and K. can go out riding together...

Charisa said...

Thanks for cheering me before Palani! I saw you and really wanted to stop and chat, but couldn't do it :) Have an awesome off season!!

Shawn and Tracy said...

Are you trying to rub it in? Shortie shorts? I am digging for my rain coat and willies ;-)
Tracy

TATI said...

:( ok now this really makes me jealous
i have about 2 mths to win the lottery and move to kona to enjoy year-long summer! hehe

Jacqui said...

Hey Bree
It was SO good to see you out there with such a BIG smile on your face! I did not see you taking pics so thank you! I love that shot! It is my new favorite! I did have all smiles as you were right by my family and I get so fired up when I see them and friends on the course! It was a good race and a fun vacation after! I look forward to the downtime and I shall eat,drink and play now for a few weeks! I look forward to our next race together in '09.