Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Howdy Y'all...

Touch down Houston...I mean Austin...

After a long trip over the Pacific Ocean, a long trip over much of the main land I AM HERE! Talk about tacos! Austin is full of taco eats! On my run I must have passed a dozen taco restaurants. Not a single Taco Bell, the GOOD kind…

So here I am. My last triathlon of the season. The one where HOPEFULLY everything I learned all season long will come together on race day. The one where when you cross the finish line you are really “done”. The one where “you think you have it all figured out”. The one where those mistakes/lessons learned will not be made again…

Coach gave me some pretty fun little missions for the race. Missions the way I like to race, not “cling” to every beat of the HR monitor, a bit of freedom, yet some reins on the horse. He has me fired up to put together the skills I have learned with the passion I have for racing. And when all is said and done my pro rookie year will be complete!

As much as I am missing home and Kainoa I am soaking this experience up. Longhorn 70.3 is another opportunity to see a different spot in the big world, another opportunity to meet some great people (including Vicki my home stay), and a last chance this season to really appreciate that THIS is my job.

Then back to the islands where my week is already fully loaded with supporting some friends for their big day. I can hardly wait. I thought missing Ironman would be SO HARD, but it is actually turning out to be a blast. Soaking up the fun of race week without worry of ruining my taper (which I am sure I always do trying to keep up with speedo wearing people). AND after Ironman LET the real fun begin! Many of my pals are staying for a week or 2 after the race… that means my off- season will start with hours upon hours of the beach, bbq’s, some surfing, a bit of dancing, more time for more Jamba Juice dates with Kainoa, and I really want to go camping & horseback riding! All the things I miss for full-focus during the season. Of course off-season will fly by, so my list is already made, better hide it though till after Longhorn 70.3 (I am getting a little too excited)...

After a run through ALL the taco filled streets of Austin, a swim in the lake, and an adventure in a grocery store I wish I could take home, I am ready for bed.

ps: Lance Armstrong lives only 5 miles from where I stay... I might go spy, maybe he will join me for my ride tomorrow...

Night y'all!

32 comments:

Dolphin Boy said...

You sound GREAT Bree. Time to let it all hang out in Austin!

You're at the office now, get the job done and come home to all us speedo wearing freaks!!!

"Bit of dancing"? hmmmmm.....let me guess....:)

Your buddy dolphin boy...

Maijaleena said...

Good luck! Go get em.

Go Gammie said...

Like you said Bree, put all the things you learned this year together, and do Awesome in Austin!!! I hope Tacos are not on the nutrition list for race day :)
Have a great race!!!

Carolyn said...

Breeeeeee ! I won't be making it to Kona ~ too bad because I've always wanted to do the undie run ! Next year...
Have fun this weekend, kick some butt, I'll be thinking of you.
C

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Don't be dismayed if James is way ahead of you - he will have a fast race - but just run your own race. You will do really well, too. Enjoy the Ironman week in Kona, and I am sure after that is over you will be ready to start the new year's training.

rr said...

Go get 'em girl!! Have so much fun.. and go find Lance for sure!

D said...

Have a fantastically wonderful race! Smile every minute of it... well, except in the water cuz you might drown and then who would I play with in Kona when the other girls are racing?

Mama Simmons said...

Lance would be lucky to ride with you. :) Have a great race this weekend!

Maggs said...

Have a great race this weekend. We'll all be tracking you. Have fun and enjoy your last race of the season. yeah, go find Lance (but don't take any tips from Rachel on how to find him, you might end up stalking him like she did Obama)

Randy said...

Have a blast in Austin Bree. Oh, and if you get the chance to ride with Lance, don't show him up too much, he may change his mind about a comeback.

Kona Shelley said...

Have a great time, I did that race last year and sure loved it!

Beth said...

Best of luck Bree!! Have a blast out there and make this last one of the year your best. I'll be cheering from up in Dallas!

James and Lindsay Cotter said...

Bree,
give us call! We'd love to meet you at Town Lake for a run or Whole Foods for a bite.
-Cotters

TriGirl Kate O said...

Don't blow your taper racing Lance! There's no way he could keep up with you.

Flatman said...

Welcome to the promised land!! :)

Tell Lance I said hi. Wish I could make it down to watch and cheer you on... :(

Laura said...

Oooooooh, post pictures if you see Lance!

Glad you're excited and all the best in Texas!!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Bree, best of luck to you on your race! Austin is where my sister lives and a great place to visit. You never know if Lance might show up from what I've heard. Keep your eyes open :-)

Trigirlpink said...

Bree, just go push the call button on the gate and tell them..

Bree here, tell Lancey to step on out side, you want to show him your zoom zoom machine and Oh.. yeah, my bloggers what me to post a pix of us if you don't mind.

Samantha said...

GOOD LUCK BREE!!! I wish I was there to watch and cheer...and racing would be fun too. hope you're having a blast!!!

Cy said...

Have a blast Bree-A celebration of your Rookie pro season.

Can't wait to see you next week in Kona. I'm ready for the underpants run, but like you, I'll be making a detour to the Lone Star State for one last race before the Ironman festivities begin.

Charisa said...

Good luck and don't forget to have FUN!!

See ya in Kona!

Kellye Mills said...

I hope you finish the season with the best race!! You have very much earned it! Have a great time, and have FUN!!

themagicisback said...

Thanks for the comment Bree! I saw you guys leaving for the airport too! Your trip in Texas will be over before you know and you'll be back on the Rock in no time. Can't wait to here about your Texas adventure! I'll get ahold of a camera and take some pics for you.

Cody

Cricket said...

Just make sure Lance doesn't bring one of the Olsen Twins!
Seriously though- have a blast in Texas...I know you're gonna kick butt.
We love you and we'll be a praying-

Missy said...

One thing I noticed about Texans was that they really do tend to wear cowboy hats!
Tell Lance "Howdy"!

Sue said...

ohhh, you are soooo going to have a great race. I can feel it and am sending many positive vibes your way...Hope to see you in Kona...Chloe is thinking about the Friday night race...she is very shy...

Jen said...

Bree,
I feel it...you are gonna do amazing! We are all rootin' for you! Does anyone know, can we catch this one on streaming video?

OMG! If you see Lance, tell him I love him! :)

Eileen Swanson said...

Best wishes my "fav roomie!" Go kick some butt like you know how....Wishing you all the best!

XO,
E

Kim said...

Good Luck Bree! I know you will do great! Just believe in yourself and do what you know how to do in training. This is a great chance to practice everything and have fun!! I'll see you on the Big Island when you get back!

Ange said...

Have a blast girl!!! you're going to do great! Can't wait to watch. Focus on this and then get home to have some fun time off with your son, husband adn buddies. Congrats on an amazing first year!!

Dolphin Boy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

You HAVE to find Lance! Tell him how happy we are that he's back! Invite him out for a ride and drop him! :) Have a great last race of the season!