Friday, November 7, 2008

Where's Wee?

Coach called. I didn't answer... I was swimming, got this email after my swim...

Hi Bree, I expect that you are not going to Masters right now. I assume that you are not after our conversations. I explained clearly that there is no structured training in your program for a while. I think you understand this. Please show me that you can follow the professional program of full recovery and no group training. I need to be able to trust that you are following the best path for your improvement.
Thanks,
Coach.


How in the world does he know me that well!? Seriously the man must have eyes in Kona...

Dear Coach,
I totally understand that I need to sit on my bum and fully recover. I understand that physically and mentally my body has to take a break... I have been totally living a new life... Monday, in Panama City, we broke into the vending machines at the hotel and I ate junk food! Then we ate at Waffle House (cant remember the last time I stepped into fast food!). I am sleeping. Got a massage. Playing toys with Kainoa. AND the only exercise I got was one 30 minute walk on the beach and 1,000 yards of swimming today. Oh, and I moved my surf boards from one side of my house to the other (does that count as exercise?).

Don't worry be happy.
Bree

PS... I know you feel like strangling me...

9 comments:

Jen said...

You just make me laugh, girl! Behave, would ya?

Charisa said...

Enjoy being 'OFF'!!

kerrie said...

sounds like he knows you a little too well, lol. you need to come to somewhere where it is freezing cold and that will take care of you wanting to go outside and train!

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Enjoy the holidays. Have fun with your family. And please, please, please don't refer to Waffle House as "fast food". The Awful Waffle is an institution.

Bruce said...

I think he's placing a huge bet on you (with Ladbrooke's or one of those other places in London) for next year's big race. Brett's ramping up Chrissie's training big time. Everyone's getting a bit scared they're going to get shown up by a local wahine when October comes.

CoachLiz said...

Hey, your swims you need to be doing are swims with the dolphins. Relax and be a slug for while.

Triblog said...

Swim and walking on the beach is just FUN! Hope the coach will understand! :)

Lauren said...

Thank for the comment on my blog, Bree!
Did Paul tell you I am totally a Bree Wee blog follower?! I have been too shy to post a comment before now.
Congrats on your great race last weekend! What an amazing end to the season (sorry, you didn't get to bond with Ricky though ;)
Enjoy your off-season. Be sure to listen to Coach and REST!

Maggs said...

enjoy your time off! Today I finally got around to making your energy balls...you left the recipe on my blog in July I think. They are yummy! Thanks! I'm going to experiment and try to make some coffee flavored ones for my mom and sister in law over Thanksgiving.