Saturday, December 6, 2008

Another day in paradise...

Christmas Cookies Anyone???

Today was one of those days that I wanted to just keep on going because it was so good! All day long was so good! I love my life...

I had a 2hr ride, a run, and weights on the plan... BUT... the surf is still lingering, smaller, but still lingering. Up at dark, on the bike trainer under the stars, and in the surf soon after the sun began to dance on the ocean...

The line up was a handful of fun guys (including Justin and Cody). With the waves a few feet smaller and more consistent, it was catch a wave, ride, paddle back into the line up, and get another one. I love it when the waves keep on rolling in and you only have to share them with good friends...

After that I started to PACK! Yahooooo.... soon to Florida (2 days away) and soon to Costa! Then I baked Christmas cookies (gotta stay with the holiday spirit), got to talk to Kainoa, hearing him say, "HI mommy I love you!" made my WHOLE day!

A nice little run in my new shoes (more on them later, promise not to disappoint!!). And finally the gym! Nothing like lifting weights after your arms are toasted from surfing! I met Jesus in the gym (no, not JESUS, (Hay-sooos). He liked my new shoes and wanted to know where to get them... I had to break his heart and tell him they are not sold ANYWHERE on the Big Island... BUT if he could cram his feet into them he could have them! That only works for Cinderella!!

And some Christmas shoping...

When I got home I discovered I have a room mate! He is little and green, I named him Mango. AND he loves Christmas cookies!! Can't wait to give those to my friends tomorrow!! (see foto above)

Finished the Christmas cards... then counted... 9 days and I will be in my favorite spot on Earth (after Kona or maybe tied with Kona)...

Sorry, no surf fotos from today, but here are a couple from Costa...




Ps... Tonight I watched that Lifetime movie... the one where the woman goes to Hawaii and falls in love with a surfer boy... (I know, very "chick flick")...I have to share a line from the movie,

"You have to surf out of your comfort zone to catch the wave that will change your life".

Adios!!!

.

22 comments:

Mama Simmons said...

My husband went surfing today too and came home with a huge smile on his face. Said it was one of the best days ever!!
Love Mango. His brother lives with us. ;)

Chloe said...

You are so lucky to live close to a beach that has good waves more then a few times a year...or when a hurricane is right around the corner!

Yes - I think we have a few of Mango's distant cousions living on our patio!!
Cheers - CHLOE

Jen said...

Oh my God - Mango is sooo adorable!!! We don't have those here in Florida! Plenty of lizards, but not pretty ones like that!

Email me and let me know when you'll be back from CR and I will give you a call when you are back in Florida before Christmas!

Sound like good times, Bree!! :)

Beth said...

Sounds like an awesome day Bree. And I like your name for your new friend! Safe travels to Florida!

Mel said...

Oh send me Mango PLEASE,...My Konor so wants a lizzard..I tried to catch one of those slimmy things in FL..those suckers are fast..I did get one by the tail, but freaked and droped it..so he was bummed:( anywho, love litte K message to you:)

Benson said...

Dang that looks so good.
Good for your soul.
Keep it up.

untpawgal02 said...

Take good care of Mango and don't let him eat all the Christmas cookies :)

GoBigGreen said...

Oh good for you doing the holiday baking! We are getting snow and so it is finally "holiday" time, snow blanketing the trees and snow crystals on the windows. Tree is going up next week!
Have a super time in Costa Rica and keep mango with you, he would be frozen to the sidewalk here:(

Charisa said...

Reading your blog always makes me smile! Keep having fun!!

Viv said...

Yaa Bree on the trip being so close! Have a great time. I hope is the trip you are looking forward to. The kind that just refreshes the mind and soul.

PS those waves look gnarley! Did I just lose all my cool surfer points?!
I am such a Benny.

Andrew said...

Wow, sounds like a dream day to me. Have fun in Costa Rica!

Steve Stenzel said...

Are you saying you liked that line? Or are you making fun of it? Cause it's PRETTY cheesy.

Stupid chick-flick...

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Cheesy but true.

Yummy looking cookies!

Mango is precious.

Glad you had one of those great days!!

Bruce said...

I suppose there aren't any chick flicks about people swimming in colder and colder water, nothing romantic about that I guess. Still, I must admit it is fun, even if a little unbearable at times. Have a good and safe journey to FL and CR.

Karen said...

Randy and I will pass on the cookies. (We've seen the chocolate chips they leave behind)!
Have fun with your family in Florida and I know you'll have a blast in Costa Rica. Post lots of pictures.

Jill Costantino said...

Sounds like a fantastic day! Ah those words from the lil ones just melt you to pieces! Have a great trip and holiday!

ShirleyPerly said...

Bummer, it sounds like we'll miss each other over the holidays as I'll be back in Kona in about 9 days. Oh well ... I've got some of Mango's cousins at my place to keep me company. Enjoy the surfing!

beth said...

i love lifetime movies :)
your new little friend is so cute!

X-Country2 said...

What a great day! Any time excersise you can combine working out AND cookies, it's a success.

Cy said...

You're amazing Bree. I always love your stories. Have a super time with your folks in Florida and your friends in CR.

I remember all the "mangos" in my Kona condo. Initially they scared the crap out of me, but eventually we had fun with our little Green Guys.

michelle said...

thanks for that movie line, I really needed it today :) have a great trip!!

tinaparker87 said...

Funny... Picked mom up from the hospital and we watched dtill the boys came home and dad got mom. Surfing and Hawaii nad your name all over it! Though, you are not 40. Have a great trip in Florida and Costa Rica.