Saturday, February 7, 2009

First Time Trial Of 2009...

The time trial went down something like this...

I'll let Kainoa tell it, he said he can explain it better. Just remember he is only 2 so he's not a very good speller just yet... (and he refuses to use spell check). Enjoy reading his version of the Hawaii time trial...

Told by Kainoa Wee...


i wok up urly to eat oatmeel. my belly got full soo i new i was redy to race fast! my bike was fully loaded with zipp wheeels. uf course i did not ware the ugly aro helmet. we jammed to bob marley and got r groove on... nutting like race day tunes! they made me ware a jersy (saftey resuns in case i wipe out). no big deal, Bike Works is in charge of the race and i luv supporting them!

i really luv my new bike. it is fast and fun. wen i got to the race it was fun to see all the local cyclists and frends that i enjoy and have good rivalry with. last year Jahn went a minute after me and within 3 minutes he came flying by. i luv racing Jahn, he is an incredible cyclist that i have always loooked up to. and it is fun to talk smack with him. my goal this year was to at least make it 4 minuts til he passes me!

oh, the race also supported the WAR ON ALS! so we got to dedicate our miles to a good cause.

ugh! the start always freaks me. being held up and hoping they don't let me fall over just puts me in a panic. i begged them not to drop me. i was the 3rd rider to take off... 2 people to hunt down and toooooo many behind me, including Jahn #5, a minut behind! 5,4,3,2,1... GO!!!!


It was all systems GO frum the start! the hart rate went up, the legs cried for mercy, and panic was in the blood knowing Jahn was just behind me... at 5 minuts I did something that wuld make coach SO mad, i looked back! could not resist! No Jahn, must be the new bike! At 19 minuts he passes me and flys off.

The winds then pooored on! oh my bike handled like a charm, the wind was no match for me. it tried to run me into the lava and tried to push me back wards as it turned to head wind... hold on is all I could think... my HR was now 170, it has never been that high on the bike... my mission was to try and get Jahn back!

this is wen it got ugly! i put my head down and went as hard as i could. i caught back up to Jahn and a huge chunk of throw up in my throat! i have never ridden so hard that acidy vomit came up. i swolled it back down and lost Jahn as he pretty much said NO way dude! (of course i was on Zipps and he was on a 20 pound training wheel). let's just say it hurt really bad and i so glad it is over. so glad. every part of me hurts! i must say the Argon 18 is the fastest slice of bike i have ever ridden... in fact it gave me a new PR of almost 2 minutes!


And my trophy... hanging with my mom! i beat her! maybe one day she can ride as fast as me!

Huge congrats to everyone who played AND the biggest congrats to Penn Henderson for setting a new course record too... must have been the aro helmit! ha ha!!
.

22 comments:

rr said...

Ugh, time trials huuuuurt! I'm sure you dominated though, congrats on the huge PR!!! It's going to be a great year..

And I'm too lazy to email.. can I sleep in your balcony wading pool lavaman weekend please? :) I'm coming over!

Have a great run in the morning!!!

ADC said...

Well done Bree, hmmm Kainoa!!! Awesome PR. I love that bike.

Jen said...

You are so creative! Love the story. Great job!!

t-odd said...

Oatmeal is always best the second time around. That is one tough kid! I love the way he corners on three wheels - and rides bare foot. Watch out for that one in the future. Good work.

Speed Racer said...

Holy Guacamole! A 2-min PR after a crash week? You're not even human!

I definitely would have thrown up.

Javier said...

For a 2 year old Kainoa is pretty damned lucid in his descriptions ( but some work on spelling please)

As for the time trial, I threw up reading about the effort. But great job on the new PR.

CoachLiz said...

Wow, count me in on the "I would have barfed in my mouth" crowd as well.

Loved Kainoa's classic kid photo of "Hey, want to see what I have in my mouth?"

Shan said...

Yeah! Nice work to you both!!! :) Kainoa is seriously the cutest kid EVER. He's gonna be a stud on a bike one day (just like his momma!).

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Kainoa is a GREAT storyteller! Congrats on the PR Bree!

Bob Almighty said...

Awww! Awesome Job on the PR! also Kaiona might have better grammar than me :) Awesome story telling.

Also glad to hear that the race benfited one favorite charities. Bob and Mary Ann Blais are probably two of the nicest people I've evermet.

Go Gammie said...

Another great Blog Bree. That oatmeal does look yummy, I am going to try that soon :) Way to go on the PR, I know you did not wear the areo helmet so next year you can take off another minute for a new PR!!! And no one will pass you :) I'm glad you are doing so well, you work so hard :)

ShirleyPerly said...

WOOHOO!! Congrats on the PR and thanks Kainoa for telling us how it all played out ;-)

Jenna said...

yummy a huge CHUNK ... why waste time on just liquid...lmao ...
and priceles presentation. And I agree you are not even human :)

Chr15 Tree said...

Great take on the RR, Kainoa is a better typist than I!

"nutting like race day tunes" sounds like the Bob Marley was taking hold!

Great job on catching your minuteman back up and overtaking, I;m pretty sure that Argon 18 is fast... damn fast but they say it's not the bike but the engine! and it sounds like yours was supercharged!!! Next time though, take the stablisers [English for training wheels] off, you'll be faster still, too much drag too much friction!

Ordinarylife said...

Well done!!!

I am cursing you at the moment though. Your saying "suck it up Princess" keeps popping into my head. Usually as I am battling up a hill or something.

Laura said...

Kainoa is so cool! And to ride like that with NO SHOES!!

Congrats on the PR, Bree.

Kim said...

Wow! Way to push Bree! I loved the part about throw up in your mouth. I don't get that very often, but when I do, man is it good!! So proud of you for your hard training week and getting some great work in!! Glad you like your new bike too..it's way pretty..pretty fast that is! Have fun and get some sleep!!

Charisa said...

Congrats on your awesome race Kainoa!! I have never gotten my HR above 167 on the bike - and that HURT!! Awesome, awesome job!!

Jill Costantino said...

Woohoo - Kainoa you are a fast one! You too Bree!

Great TT!

Wes said...

Best race report eva! :-)

FLATOUT JIM said...

Time Trial in February? I am soo jealous. I think I said that here before.

-12 C here in east coast Canada. Thats 10 F south of the border. At this rate, I'll still be on my trainier in August.

TriSaraTops said...

Love it!! Great job, Kainoa!