Monday, February 9, 2009

K-Swiss shoes made me do it...

I would love to report that yesterday's road race went FABULOUS! That I paced REALLY well, got a new PR, felt AWESOME, listened to EVERY word Coach Paul said, and followed ALL the lessons I learned about running from last season.

NONE of that is true.

It was more like this... at the start line, Shaggy comes on the IPOD, instantly I get all giddy about running and feel like dancing, I am so excited. 1...2...3...GO! AND I GO!

Literally, I just went. Talk about bad idea...

No need for boring deals... it was just a bunch of huffing and puffing and holding on for dear life trying not to get passed from people that actually PACE smart. Coach Eric must have felt bad watching me run myself into a slow death because he was closing the gap but decided it was more fun to watch the disaster than pass me (thanks Eric!!)

Something fun I have been just itching to ramble about is K-Swiss! (I've been dropping hints here and there till they gave me "okay, you can talk now Big Mouth". K-Swiss put together a super team of athletes for 2009 and the team is finally allowed to chat about it! Maybe it was my shoes that made me want to just GO! (note to self: great shoes can't save you from starting out too fast).


The new 2009 and beyond models are insane! They are full of crazy wild colors (like last seasons-see foto above-I am still hooked on those crazy looking things!). They also have this incredible racing flat coming out (Cotter showed it to me LIVE) and it is just light enough and supportive enough to get the job done.

Some of the shoe names are "K ona and Keahou", what chica from Hawaii would not love running in shoes that are named towns on her island!? (Keahou was actually my first 1/2 ironman-kinda special when I run in those shoes)

And the clothes! I am a girl so this could get ugly... I'll stop now... wait, these tops they sent have incredible crazy style to them! Like the one I wore running today, it has a huge hole cut out of the back, another one kind of scoops off the shoulders on just one side (reminds me of my Cindy Lauper days), and of course there are some "serious" ones that are all about function!

Many Mahalo's K-Swiss for letting me be part of the K-Swiss crew! And your shoes need warning labels about pacing, they just want to GO...

.

31 comments:

Damie said...

awesome deal!!! you did have me wondering....I was picking up on the hints. :)

IAN said...

I've read a few articles about the new kicks, and actually got hands on at Clearwater. Might be time for some new race slicks...

D said...

Did you know... I can actually see the original version of this post? Who knew that was possible? And I think the full description of your race is fun!!!!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I love that you credit your shoes for your race...that's just adorable!

Chloe said...

I keep on scrolling back up to look at the shoes!! Can't WAIT to see the rest of the line!!

CoachLiz said...

Sweet endorsement! We want a fashion show now.

Lisa G said...

COOL! The clothes sounds awesome! Congrats on the new sponsor!

Rory said...

Awesome! Great job with K-Swiss.

Ordinarylife said...

fantastic. But I doubt they would just want to "go" with anybody but you at the helm!

Chr15 Tree said...

Oh man... you had 'Cindi Lauper Days' :)

K-swiss is a cool brand, hard to come by their serious athletic stuff here in the UK, I really love those shoes though, with the names and stuff it was like they were made for YOU. Good work.

"great shoes can't save you from starting out too fast" - I say great shoes MAKE you start out too fast.

CT

Speed Racer said...

Those are some HOTT shoes. And I love the pink, CLASHING laces. Totally sexy!

Wish I didn't know a thing or two about starting out too fast. Will I (we) ever learn my lesson? Sorry it didn't go the way you planned, but I'm glad you survived.

Missy said...

New shoes make you run fast, don't they? They're all springy and cushy and NEW! Love them.

Cricket said...

Yeah! So happy for you... Love the picture of you and Brooke- I miss you both.
K Swiss, K Swiss, K Swiss- they do have cool styles- they definitely fit your personality!
Love You

Kim said...

That's so fun Bree! Congrats for making the team and for go-go gadget shoes at the race! I always imagine you running and smiling, I'm not sure if that was yesterday, but I'm going to keep that mental picture anyway! So excited for you this year...so many good things in store. Have a great day!!

Jamie said...

Wow Bree. You are raking in the sponsors. Way To Go! You've come so far in the last year or so. It is crazy.

Oh, and I just got accepted to Team Trakkers for 2009! We are almost like team mates now. See you at Rev3!

bart said...

You're going to have a smashing season! I can feel it in my little toe...

Charisa said...

Congrats - look at you all grown up and big-time pro now :) Great for you - can't wait to watch your season!!

Steve Stenzel said...

SWEET!! Congrats on the K-Swiss!!

Jenna said...

Love the shoes!! Thanks for the words on my so.very.slow.to.even.me 10 k...and mother's who lurk our blogs!! LOL!
After those words of encouragement I am more serious than ever about what i said earlier (re:practice/guinea pig)living underscore greatly at hotmail dot com - drop me a line!! Jenna

IAN said...

AWESOME!! I am going to need... TRAINING!! I need to talk to you re bike, routes, sushi, burritos..everything.

Oh & "Coach"--- No Tengo

IAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LeAnn said...

Awww...its Reuben! Hi Reuben, hi Brooke!

Shan said...

I'm loving the pink laces with your red/white stripers!!! I really like K-Swiss stuff too - very cool!

BTW - those wasabi edamame you sent me were EPIC! I just finished the bag and am now sad they are gone hehehe ;)

LKA said...

Those shoes are so completely adorable! Will have to check 'em out. Enjoy reading your blog!

- Lora

Kona Shelley said...

I want a pair that says Ironman on them..sigh

Wes said...

I would be all over dem shoes if they would breath for me too! :-)

GoBigGreen said...

I used to LOVE HEART LOVE the Kswiss tennis shoes. but the 2008 running shoes i got were SO tight on my instep I had to return them. But the colors are FAB!
thanks for encouragement to not give up on them.
And good swim ( next post!) wow!

Flatman said...

Sweet...I wear a 12! ;)

Congrats...you deserve it!

beth said...

yay for K-swiss!!! (i'm sitting in class and finally catching up on blogging!) i love their run clothes..i have a couple hand me downs from katya that are my FAVES! one tip- i wore one with a big back but-out on a sunny day and ended up w/ a seet tan! a huge circle on my back.

beth said...

i meant "cut-out"
and "sweet tan"
i need some spell check!

The Young Family said...

that is awesome - congratulations!

Em