Thursday, May 7, 2009

Back On The Rock...


It is SO, SO, SO, good to be home, back on the rock in the middle of the sea! Florida & St. Croix- no complaints, GREAT places, but there is no place like home! Waking up in my own bed, listening to the birds chirp, watching geckos eat bugs, and smelling the plumerias...simple and sweet, JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT!

My day started with a run along the beach trail and a swim. Then it was home to catch up on all the stuff that I neglected while I was away...mostly consisting of emails & computer stuff. While I was reading through so many incredible blog comments and nice emails totally full of support I could not stop wishing there was a way to thank everyone. It really meant a lot to me. It means a lot to me that there are people who take the time to read my ramblings, my training flips & flops, my race reports, my days of beaching it with Kainoa, and just whatever adventure I can get myself into. Some days that support keeps me on a mission to do more and do better, other days (like after my sour races) it encourages me to keep at it... I am so appreciative...

I spent some time brain storming & I came up with a little game. More of a "Pop Quiz". It's quite easy if you have been reading this blog for any length of time. It's my way to say thanks to at least one of you for the support. Here's how it works... the first one to get all the questions right wins! EASY. Here's what you win... A BUNCH OF RANDOM STUFF FROM KONA! Stuff that gets me through hot sunny days on the island, long rides, and things from my favorite shops on the island. I LOVE putting care packages together so this is fun for me too!

1. What are my bikes named?
2. Who is my coach?
3. My ultimate favorite food?
4. Kainoa and I's hangout after school?
5. The name of the hill that scares me to ride DOWN?
6. My favorite hobby (other than swim/bike/run)?
7. The name of my sister who lives 5 doors away?
8. My FAVORITE beach in the entire world!?
9. The job I had before triathlon?
10. Type of music most likely in my IPOD?
11. My favorite run partner (hint, he's from Argentina)?
12. How many cups of Kona coffee I drink in a day?
13. The name of my swim team and my FAVORITE swim coach?

Okay, that's it! If you want to play just leave your response in the comments or email me (breesy4@yahoo.com) first one right wins! If you win all I need is your address.

Thanks again for reading!

.

22 comments:

Samantha said...

1. Antonio and Juan
2. Coach Paul
3. Spam Musubi (spelling?)
4. Jamba Juice
5. Koloko!!!
6. Surfing
7. Brooke
8. somewhere is costa rica
9. Teaching
10. Reggae?
11. Luis
12. None
13. Kona Aquatics Masters Swim team with Coach Steve

kerrie said...

i just sent you an email ;)...i think that was too easy!

Samantha said...

3. I mean BURRITOS!!!

D said...

I helped Samantha... include me in her entry :)

Dolphin Boy said...

Dude...this is sooooooo easy...just send me the stuff now!

Samantha said...

she only helped me on the music (which I had already written down reggae) and corrected my food to burritos but you eat both so both should count...I might have to get a burrito tomorrow now that I think about it. mmmmm. got a good place that not many know about and its AWESOME! lol.

Samantha said...

11. Pablo???

BreeWee said...

SO close, that's all I can say...
A little hint, Luis is not from Argentina...

The emails are really close too, oh man some responses have me laughing! ha ha...

AND Pat, not even close!
Heather from Canada is the closest, Sam, copy her!!

Janet Nielsen said...

Darn. I'm too late! I was rushing cause I thought Sammy might beat me...and she did!...I couldn't find your favourite run partner!...I was going to put Lisa Mensink as a back-up partner.

1. Antonio and Juan
2. Paul Regensburg
3. Burritos
4. Jamba Juice and the beach
5. Koloko
6. Surfing
7. Brooke
8. Playa Hermosa?
9. Teaching
10. Bob Marley and Shaggy
11. ?
12. No coffee
13. Kona Aquatics Masters Swim team - Coach Steve

Coach J.

Oscarjet said...

hehehe ! i´m late to asnwer !! :)

hola Bree !!!!!!!! Gracias por visitar mi blog y gracias por tus animos ! me alegra mucho saber de ti y que ya estas en tu casa.

Si quieres venir a EspaƱa , ya tienes casa ! cuenta con ello !!

Big huge !

Missy said...

I'm too late to answer but WHY isn't there a Fire Dancer guy? We want more of him;)

allyson said...

Quiz was a good idea, wish i read this earlier.

Dave said...

6. Search for bikes on the ocean floor.

Maria said...

oh man...I'm too late with the quiz ;o) Great idea Bree...there's certainly 'no place like home'...happy recovery...and since ya don't drink coffee, I'll drink your share for ya ;o) My friend brought me back some 'Coffee of Hawaii'...sweet ;o)

Adrienne said...

I am too late- darn difference between Hawaii time and Boston time (in more ways that one!)

t-odd said...

Tests make me nervous. Now, I can't even remember my own email address. Damn it!

chr15 said...

Based upon the above comments/answers...

I'm already wrong wrong wrong wrong.

chr15 said...

BreeWee said...
{quote]SO funnnnnnnnnnny....that is a hilarious kit, cycling cracks me up sometimes...

AND no to the purple and orange, but I cant' talk, my clothes rarely match!

Send my your answers! Have a good weekend!
Bree [quote]

chr15 said...
I love the reaction the kit gets...

I agree with you on the purple and orange, and I have just learned about you and your 'odd' socks! :)

You should have the answers by now :) But now I have learned also, that you used to be a schoolteacher, be kind with that red pen.

IronBob said...

If I answer and got them right that would border on being obsessed and then you would have to take out a restraining order against me...

rr said...

Welcome home, Wee!! The islands missed you :) Coming over for Honolulu Tri/Du?

Jen said...

Glad you made it home safe!
Hey, I was thinking...is Mango still around??
Love the quiz idea.
:)

Schnecke said...

Shouldn't that be "Kainoa's and my hangout" instead of "Kainoa and I's hangout" and shouldn't a former teacher know that?