Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More St. Croix...

In no particular order, completely scrambled to tell ya the truth, here are some more St. Croix fotos... I actually put most all them on the last post to the sound of Bob Marley but a few friends said they can't see them, one day I will figure out how to post fotos in a video!

Most all fotos thanks to mi buen amigo Ramon y su esposa Sol! He's a great photographer and friend from Puerto Rico...

Awards, Arron from NZ if you are reading this, Bryan Rhodes told me about your secret crush! I know it all...
My AWESOME homestay dad, John Colburn! Patty, my mom was home making breakfast...I miss them both!
YEAH! My favorite friends from Panama! AND HUGE thanks to Pedro for running with me! Te extrano mucho!! Nos vemos pronto!!!

Coach and teammate Jamie!!
Coach Paul, Julia (going to Kona! CONGRATS!!), and Coach Bruce with a big 3rd place in the 80-85 age group, just kidding Bruce, you did awesome!! Way to tackle the Beast!
Brown Bear's biggest fans!!
Hanging with Coach Paul and team mate Mags...
Coach Paul, trying to convince him Bob Marley is better than Journey...

Dancing the Quadrille in St. Croix town...
St. Croix 70.3 men's champ, Tim and I had the same pre race breakfast... at least I am doing something right! GREAT win Tim!!
Loving the bike...
Prerace, the yellow sponge flung out of the aero bottle, no way can you survive without one on this bumpy course! Thankfully I had another bikini in my transition bag, worked GREAT! Should have wrapped a bikini around my salts too!

Post race massage...

Rinny and me, one of the coolest chicks in sport for sure! I got the Clearwater 70.3 slot, still shocked it rolled ALL the way to me, I think I would rather stand with pom poms cheering for her!
Done swimming, no bikes in the waters of St. Croix, I looked... just kidding coach!

The flight to Puerto Rico... the plane only held 4 of us. Everything (including us) had to be weighed. We barely made the weight limit! I pretended they were my body guards on the way to the Ricki Martin concert. The man on the right is named Antonio, I told him that was my bikes name, he almost wet his pants laughing that he has to share his name with a bike! At least I got him to crack a smile!
Running STRIDE FOR STRIDE (literally) with TJ Tollakson...
I love running in St. Croix, all smiles despite the blurred vision from lack of sodium...
Pros. SUCH a fun group of us at St. Croix! Even though this event is over 25 years old, it has such a grass roots feel! I just love it!! AND did you know, half the entrants ran with Ipods??? How cool is that!?

Better go pack... off to Kona tomorrow!

.

26 comments:

Teresa said...

Great photos! Love the video in the previous post too!
tn

ShirleyPerly said...

Sounds like one of the Hawaiian islands is in the Caribbean!

Great photos and so funny about the bikini top used as the yellow thingy :-)

kakes773 said...

Congrats on the Clearwater slot, Bree! It's encouraging to read that you're still learning...that means there might be hope for the rest of us, too! "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." Proverbs 4:7 Keep up the good work; you're an inspiration!

t-odd said...

Great pics - I love that fact that you always seem to have a smile on your face (that or you always know when a camera is around.) Is TJ Tollakson as nice as he seems? Great race, glad you got the 70.3 Championship slot - you have home field advantage. Have a safe trip home!

Bob Mitera said...

Hi Bree - I love the St. X race too.

As a race marshal who has lifted a dead body from a race course and into a coroner's car and had to tell a family that the reason their son/husband/daddy was dead is because he raced with an iPod and couldn't hear the car coming from the street hidden by trees and shrubs...I have to disagree with you on the iPods.

iPods inside only, it could mean your life.

ADC said...

I am so sorry I missed you. Was looking for you on the race morning to wish you good luck butit was too busy. I just wanted to say that you are amazing. You shouted such kind encouraging words at me on my run as you were walking with coach Paul. Meant a lot -thank you.

Jill Costantino said...

Congrats Chickeeta - Love the smiley face on you in all the pics.
Way to go!

Avery said...

http://www.robertmurphy.com/Gallery/SA2009/index.html

http://www.robertmurphy.com/Gallery/SA2009/index.html

Sherry said...

Loved the video... and loved viewing the pics with the captions too!

You are so smiley! I love that! Need to remember that! Life is too short not to include a little fun & happiness in with the race pain, right?

Have a safe trip tomorrow!

Jen said...

Bree! You are a ray of light! I absolutely adore you.
Thanks for running with me and it was sooo great to hang out!
You are awesome, chica!
Great job on the race. You continue to inspire me. :)
Hugs.

Jamie said...

Bree, please tell me you used a bikini top, not bottom, on your aero bottle. G-ross! :-)

I love that last pic too. Huge smile and it looks like you are flying!

One month till Rev 3! Be prepared. I'm going to beat you BAD (to the front of the line for the roller coaster).

allyson said...

The pictures were great. Safe travels back to Kona

Jennifer Harrison said...

Bree! Sorry for my delay in reading your blogs about St. Croix! Great race and I just love how much fun you have !!! RIGHT ON!!!

IronBob said...

Nice shorts. Love the Kainoa logo.
Sometime, I'll tell the story of my interaction with the communications officer for the World Triathlon Corp. on a flight from Tampa to Atlanta. I was defending using ipods in races and she was a little too serious on her argument of the rule.

Bruce Stewart (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Great photos. You clearly had a jolly good time at St. Croix. Glad you got the Clearwater slot - at least you can do it if you feel like it at the time, and I will be able to watch the race live, too. Careful with the Ipod - just use it for swimming, but not when biking or running (except on a treadmill or stationary cycle). Listen to the birds.

Go Gammie said...

Glad you got your Clearwater slot Bree!! Like the photo for you and TJ running,, great job!!! Hope your trip home went well :)

Oscarjet said...

Bonitas fotos ! muy bonitas !!!!!
Como has disfrutado !! Genial el nombre de Kainoa en tu ropa !
Un gran abrazo desde España, aqui por fin a salido el sol !!!!!
;-D

CoachLiz said...

Great photos Bree!

You crack me up that you still wore a bikini top under your race kit AND that you had an extra top in your bag. When I volunteer races I pick up those lost yellow mesh sponges and run them through the dishwasher and have spares in case one decides it wants freedom from my aero bottle. A plastic grocery sack works well in a pinch. I usually have one or two in my transition bag for grody shoes and wet race clothes.

I thought iPods on the race course were not allowed. Oh, St. Croix is not under USAT jurisdiction. Still, I would hate to miss the cheering of the crowds. I have to use it for a marathon, but in a triathlon I want to hear those spectators!

Congratulations on your Clearwater race slot!

Runner Leana said...

Congratulations on the Clearwater slot!! Love all of the pictures, especially of the one of you running with TJ. That is an awesome shot!

By the way, love your shorts and the dress in the pictures too. Very cute!

Trigirlpink said...

Verrrry nice Bree!
Your season is starting off with a bang. Stay healthy and rested!! I will be at the Rev 3, but not racing. Foot nicely healing but no racing until August. Anyway, it will be nice to meet up.

bart said...

congrats on the performance, on the lovely video and the matching music choice.
Also congrats on the Clearwater slot. Now there's some huuuge motivation for me to get my slot as well in August. Want to race you in Clearwater!! cheers! B

Marni said...

Great pics! You are still an inspiration, even if you didn't feel 100% for the race. Love seeing you smile in EVER pic :)
-marn

Wes said...

"Bob Marley is better than Journey"

dem's fightin words gurrrl! :-)

I love how you are always smiling!! That's got to shave a minute or two off your time ;-)

triitagain said...

Your positive attitude and willingness to learn are very inspirational. Sending good thoughts your way.

Stacy

Chris said...

Great pics, Bree!

IronSnoopy said...

St. Croix is my favorite place on earth. Looks like you had a blast!

I love reading your blog. :) You are so much fun.