Friday, May 1, 2009

Wish You Were Here!

Once again I am in the post card perfect island setting of St. Croix! Some places in the world just give you that, "Oh this is goooooood" feeling. The feeling where you think, "I could live here". My trip started off with an email from the Colburn's. They were my home stay last year. The email went something like this:

So excited to see you sweetie. What can we have on hand for you, don't be bashful.

The flight was smooth and arriving at the airport to steel drums playing Bob Marley is just the way I like it! The Colburns were waiting with big smiles, it makes the experience so much nicer when you get to experience St. Croix with the locals. We had dinner at Duggin's and by the end of the evening it felt like I knew everyone on the island...that's totally Kona style!

My bike went back together like a piece of cake. After that a little run. AND that is when flashbacks of the course came storming back...

Up, down, up, up, flat, up , down, up, down, up... HILLY...windy, sunny, warm...

My camera has already snapped a million fotos. I will try to get them posted SOONER than LATER. My computer is being slow and I told the Colburn's not to worry if they see me on the roof or hanging off a ledge trying to get wireless to download them. I really do wish my Florida family & Kainoa could be here!

Off for a ride and a swim. Rumor has it coach Paul is here too, I might go hide in a palm tree so this perfect vacation, I mean race, doesn't turn sour...

Sending you some hugs from St. Croix,
Bree

27 comments:

Missy said...

Best of luck, kick some arse! We'll be cheering for you...from 'here.'

JC said...

Good luck Bree! Slay the Beast.

MadisonDuo said...

Good luck and show that 'beast' who is boss :)

Jen said...

Good luck, Bree! I am headed back to the beach myself!! : )
The life...
Glad you are smiling.

t-odd said...

Enjoy the race! Remember to pace! (I feel like Dr. Seuss.) You don't want "The Beast" to smash in your face. (That last part was not so Dr. Seuss.) Glad to hear Antonio was a good boy and put himself back together so easily. Can't wait to see pics and hear about the race. GO WEE!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Good luck and enjoy the race and smile the whole way up the beast.

Bob Almighty said...

Man, I miss St. Croix

Good Luck Bree and enjoy the island.

t-odd said...

I just realized what I typed at the end of my previous comment. Sorry about that - How about? Go Bree!

Bruce Stewart (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Hope you have the perfect preparation for the race. Wish I was there, too, to cheer you on.

IronBob said...

Have a fun weekend.

Jill Costantino said...

Have a great race this weekend:)

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Sounds like the perfect start to what promises to be a GREAT weekend! Don't worry about the up up up flat up down up course... Everyone does it. Besides, how many times have you climbed that MONSTER hill in Kona? ;) Enough said. Go get 'em!

Rebecca DeWire said...

Good luck and have an awesome race!

Lisa G said...

Good luck this weekend and be sure to have fun, too!

Mel said...

GOOD LUCK Bree...Have so much fun on the beautiful island....xoxo

Natalie said...

Sounds wonderful there! Good luck on the race and don't forget not to smash yourself at the beginning of your run!

Chloe said...

Good Luck Bree!!! So excited to hear all about everything!!
CHLOE

Beth said...

Good luck Bree!!!

Heidi Austin said...

go bree! can't wait to hear the rockin race report.... And yes wish i was there :)

Maria said...

Have a great race Bree ;o) Would love to do that race one day...one of the pro's in our Masters swim will be there too (Tyler Lord)...should be a crazy-good race...cheers from afar...Good Luck!

Runner Leana said...

Sounds like a great start to the trip!! Have a fantastic race Bree!!!

CoachLiz said...

You are going to do AWESOME this weekend and you will look killer in that new race kit and in the blue bubble shoes.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Ange said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Sounds like a wonderful place. enjoy

Jennifer Harrison said...

GOOD LUCK, BREE!!!! ENJOY the island and race!

Cricket said...

Good Luck Breezy! We are all cheering for u here in Sarasota!
love u- praying for you
Cricket

Dolphin Boy said...

Whatever...just kick some ass will ya!!!

TriSaraTops said...

Sounds like a super awesome time! Have fun and have a great race!