Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Thought It Was Mine...

A great package came in the mail... an Argon 18 jersey and bike suit. Tried on the jersey (really excited it had pockets so it could carry stuff for Wednesday's long ride). While jumping around the house in it I noticed it was a little snug. But it fit, like a tankini (tank top bikini) or something. I thought maybe Marc-Andre (my bike sponsor with Argon 18) was supporting my bikini habit or something, or maybe biking was going for the kid-fit. Anyways, I sent Marc an email thanking him, I loved my little tiny bike jersey that fits like a tankini... His response, "Bree, that was for Kainoa". ha ha ha, I must have laughed for a half hour about that. It did fit really small, not even covering my belly button, but the sleeves fit nice, I was planning to wear it tomorrow too...

Kainoa, you can have your jersey back...

Signs went up today for Sunday's Kona Marathon and the 13.1 miler. My heart went boom-boom-boom...and coach said "YES"!! Life & training again is all smiles. Today was bike intervals where my mission was to drop Dave or get the HR into zone 5, if either happened I knew I was back on track. A bit of both happened (thanks Dave).

Then swim. 4,350 yards, can't say I remember swimming that much in at least 6wks. I was chasing, racing, and holding onto Karlyn and Amee for dear life. They swim like fish and thought some long stuff with short rest and a lot of it IM would be fun for the day. My mission was to not get lapped, to get close to all my best pool times as possible, and to not miss any send-offs (last week I missed one). They are the type of pool swimmer girls that made me make my 200 on 2:14, the girls that like to do 250 IM's rather than 200 IM just so we can do more stroke, the girls that think 500's are great and got me to make one on 5:33 (but I cheated, they didn't, I wore paddles and buoy, it was that or miss the send off).

By the time I wanted to fall over it was a run that went up. As in climb up. Really, I was done after that run. Training is back in full swing for sure and it feels incredible. Incredible because I am so fortunate to have so much support.

When you get knocked down after a series of sour races confidence turns South and it hurts to feel like you let down those who care. The past few days so many people in town have offered to help train with me, to ride with me, to run with me, to help me with my nutrition, some personal training/core/stretch stuff, offers for massage work and everything it takes to keep going. It's so incredible. I've also had some friends leave notes on my truck window shield while I was out running just to say, "keep going", "I believe in you", or "you can do it". This town really is super and I am so thankful to call it home...

The sun is going down now on another beautiful day in Kona. It's time I better look for my own bike jersey to wear for tomorrow...

Good Night!!

.

22 comments:

D said...

Too funny. At least you know you can fit into the tiniest jersey's ever. THAT should be a good feeling :)

Maggs said...

I so wanted to come over and run the 1/2 marathon, but I don't think it's going to happen now. Have fun.

Brad said...

Can't wait to see you in Vancouver!!!!

Parth said...

That jersey story is too much! :-)

Maria said...

lmao...Bree, great faux-kini story :o) It's pretty cool you got it to fit...sorta :o) Sounds like your training is going great...keep going, rooting for you here up North (mind you, it's finally summer :o) Bree just want to tell you you really inspired me for a race this past Sunday...was my fastest bike split ever in a tri...after having been sick for 3 weeks, I am so happy to get back into full-swing. Happy Training :o)

Marni said...

that is so funny!

Regina said...

ha! I could never make that mistake on the jersey. NOTHING that fits my son could even remotely fit on this body. Too funny!

Slow Rider said...

I believe in you, have fun on race day. Relax and enjoy don't worry about who is in front, just pick one off at a time.

Julia said...

haha, I'm laughing at your jersey story! I'm sure Marc from Argon was laughing too :)
It's wonderful that you have such strong support in your town. You have support in the blog-land too!
Good luck on Sunday; its a new day, a new race :)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

You make me laugh SO. MUCH! Only you could even begin to fit in a kid's jersey - being so kid-like yourself in spirit.

drpast41 said...

Hey there! I work for a social media website (www.dneero.com) that is all about starting conversation. I noticed your interest in running, and thought you might like to check out this conversational survey regarding Base Performance Nutrition, Chris Lieto's line of sports nutrition products, and earn some for your time. Right now, we're trying to build a panel of runners and triathletes who are interested in collaborating and discussing various aspects of their common interest--this survey is just the beginning! We'd love and really appreciate your feedback. If you have any questions whatsoever, feel free to email me at daniel.pastan@dneero.com. Best of luck in your training!
The link and password to the conversational survey are listed below:
http://www.dneero.com/survey.jsp?surveyid=772
Password: BPN123

Shawn and Tracy said...

keep up the hard work Bree. We all have off days and learning to move past them is probably more challenging then the training we do ;-) You have a wonderful community behind you so keep taking advantage of it.

Cheers,
Tracy

Oscarjet said...

Bree , puse el video de Phillipines en mi blog porque me gusto mucho saber que vas a correr tu !!!!
;DDDDDDDD

IronBob said...

It's great that you are getting the positive mindset back.

Just remember the words of Coach Devine in the movie RUDY "No one, and I mean no one comes into our house and pushes us around". Words to remember in October on your home turf...

greyhound said...

That's taking the triathletes in tiny outfits thing too far. Little dude needs his own jersey, mom.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

How many moms can say that.

Keep up the great work.

BriGaal said...

What, no picture of you in the tiny jersey? :) My mom sent up a box-o-crap from when I was a kid and I couldn't help but squeeze into a pink sweater that had 'Brianne' stitched on the front. It was the ugliest sweater-belly-shirt ever!

t-odd said...

That is HILARIOUS! A little bit of a blonde moment perhaps. Glad to hear the training is back in full swing and feeling good. Good luck on the marathon - I love you people who do a marathon as a training run (and then qualify for Boston or set a PR.) That is an awesome way to spend a Saturday.

Yasi said...

Hi Bree, started reading your blog a few months back, love it! Glad you're getting back into training well..I think you should have still worn Kainoa's jersey, sometimes I steal my little sisters t-shirts, hey, if it fits why not, right?! Good luck in the race this weekend

Bruce Stewart (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Don't lose focus, but rest where needed. My training has to take a back seat for a bit, as both our sons are going to college. It is of course good news, but poses quite a formidable challenge for me, as I (like any good Chinese parent) am responsible for paying everything. Well, it is good to have a purpose in life, and I sure have one now. No Hapuna this year, but my family will probably meet up in Kona next year.

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Bree I think I speak for a lot of people who are rooting for you and are anxious to see you pull out a win in your next big races. Thanks for keeping us updated with your life and all the excitement!

ShirleyPerly said...

WOOHOO!!! See you at the race, probably going the other way, as usual ;-)