Monday, August 17, 2009

Out Of Town and Off The Road...

The past few months I've really been trying to live with my eyes wide open. To see new things, try new things, and to just be ready for whatever life has to offer. It's been that way in training too, new bike routes, new run roads, and well, the same ocean but new fish! That said, exploring has become my new hobby. I just want to keep seeing...

Yesterday after the race we headed for a visit, to see Glen, Shane & his wife, and explore... off the path of course. Mud, rocks, trails, and a lot of untouched beauty was part of the adventure. While playing in the grass with Kainoa, over looking the ocean I was so consumed by how much beauty is held in the most simple of things...













Tomorrow it's time to continue on this "Out of town and off the road" journey of mine... the bags are packed, the bike is in the box, I'm already missing Kainoa, and I've got a flight to the Philippines at 6am. Don't worry, I plan to take lots of fotos so you all can see the Philippines too. As for exploring, I will have 70.3 miles worth of views to report about after the race!! Till then, one more sleep in my own bed!!
.
Good night from Kona!!
Bree
.

20 comments:

Maggs said...

Good luck in the PI!

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, I don't think I've seen those places on the island. Best of luck in the Phillipines!!

Slow Rider said...

Go kill them this weekend, don't drop your salts this time.

This is your weekend!

Saphi said...

Good Luck and have fun!!!

rr said...

Gorgeous!!! Next BI trip you've got to take me exploring..

Have a wonderful trip and ROCK THAT RACE!! What a great thing, to be able to go to a new place and do what you love.. we are so lucky, aren't we??

Wearing one of your presents today ;)

xoxo

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Enjoy yourself. Cant wait for the pictures.

Charisa said...

Have a great race, safe travels and can't wait to hear about it!

t-odd said...

Have a fantastic trip and a great race. Can't wait to see the pictures and read about the whole thing. You are going to crush it huge!

TB said...

This looks like a great day! Noa has gotten so BIG!

Have a great race!

PS: Oh, Kalani made it to Canada safely and hopefully flies to Hawaii on Friday.

Regina said...

Great, great photos. So, are you short or is Kainoa extra tall? He is half your size, the little man! Don't they grow fast?!

Have a great race!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Bree, enjoy every moment of this amazing journey! Cannot wait to read all about it.

And I'll share what I shouted out loud when I saw the horse pic...

"Horsies!"

D said...

Have fun! If P is there and rides beside you on the run, try and spoke him out.

Go Gammie said...

Have a great time in the Phillipines Bree. It must be exciting to go there to race,, have a great race!!!

Randy said...

Good luck Bree. Have a great race ... We're cheering for you.

ADC said...

Have a wonderful race Bree. You will love south-east Asia :))

Yasi said...

Awesome pictures, can't wait to see some of PI! Best of luck on the race, you'll kill it!

Trigirlpink said...

Have fun on your trip and ENJOY your race!

ps I love love love all the under water fotos! :-)

Kellye Mills said...

Have a wonderful race and keep posting all of those beautiful photos so we can "explore" too! :)

Adrienne said...

Bree, you are such a beautiful person and I'm so happy that my reading eyes have crossed paths with your blog. Here is to a happy, fun, awesome race in the Philipinnes! Rock it out!

Sherry said...

Safe travels, Bree... and rock it out at the 70.3! Woo-hoo!!!!