Thursday, August 20, 2009

What A Ride!

Arland and I under our welcome banner...
Family foto, I'm getting adopted into this family so I can come back to the Philippines as much as I want!! If I could have 3 homes one would be here for sure! (the other 2 are of course Hawaii and Costa Rica). Head OVER heals in love with this place, the people, all of it! EVEN eating rice everyday of my life, 3x a day is fine with me, not my booty though!
My body guard (above) and my bikes body guard (below).

Post ride with the some friends from Hawaii...
Look at that! 3 Argon 18 bikes in one little spot! Funny how something as simple as the same bike created new friends, except the white bike is WAY cooler than mine, hmmmm...maybe I will see a white bike in my future... MARK ANDRE do you hear me??! ha ha ha ha... KALANI! Zooming around the corner... this is the view if you were legally drafting Chris McCormack... just thought some of the guys would want to see what it might be like that close during a race...
And this is what it would be like if you are NOT legally drafting behind Macca and Terrenzo Bozone... ha ha, I was having way too much fun, I know, couldn't help myself!
AND this is what it looks like when you are riding SO FAST you pass Terrenzo and Macca, on the right side, cause that is how fast I was going...ha ha ha!
More views from the ride. I took 67 photos on the ride, it was an hour ride, that means more than a photo an hour! THAT is how much I love this place and this ride and ALL of it... the only problem, the ride was too fast for my camera and they all turned out blurry except a few! Looks like I have to bring my camera race day! ha ha... just kidding coach.
The camera crew on our ride, thought he might want his photo taken since he took like 300 of us!
Charlotte Paul, Ironman China winner taking it to the boys! YAHOooooooo!
My new home...Kainoa pack your toys!

This was my favorite rider, he rode in slippers! I totally want him for a training partner!
After the ride our training camp was over. It was a very special experience in so many ways. Getting to work with the local athletes in the camp, making new friendships, and just helping out was so worth it... and getting to help alongside the other pros (like Lisa Bentely, Cam Brown, and Pete Jacobs today), I was able to learn so much myself! Now that the camp is over it is time to prepare myself for race day, take that focus I had on helping out and gear it towards my race day... I feel really ready...really excited...and really happy! To start, I'm off to my pro press conference...I can do this...Usually these pro meetings make me cry, but I've become friends with all the pros in this race and I am actually looking forward to it...
Of course lunch with Gina Kher, Charlotte Paul, Darren, Kristian, and our 2 new local buddies is very first, then time to get race ready! 2 more sleeps till the big day...
.
Laters!
Bree

19 comments:

D said...

Did you hump Terrenzo's leg? If not, I'm gonna need you to do that. It's called living vicariously. Thanks!

Sherry said...

Great fun, Bree! I'm so glad that you take that camera with you everywhere. Nice booty shots of the guys! ;p

Amanda said...

yeah, why would you pass the boys and miss out on booty viewing? ha ha!

You're gonna be great! Lokking forward to following you.

t-odd said...

Apparently D has been spending too much time with the dogs and thinks "leg humping" is the way friends are made. (If you do take her advice please get some pictures.)

Sounds like you are having a great time. You totally deserve to hang with every one of those other pros - you got your own "Welcome" banner for Pete's sake (I don't know who Pete is or what is sake is.)

You are going to be so fast. Go Bree!

RR said...

Great photos, and good luck in the race!

IAN said...

This is awesome Bree. You are ready & revived... GET SOME!!!

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Love the pictures - and I'm totally impressed with your bike handling skills. :) I would have either 1) dropped the camera and killed it 2) fallen off the bike and killed the camera 3)crashed headlong into someone or something and killed the camera.

Have a SUPER race - like someone before me said...you have your own banner and deserve to be there! GO GO GO!!! vvvvrrrooooooommmm!

Missy said...

Best of luck! It'll be a great day! FINALLY, booty pictures worth looking at;)

Bob Mitera said...

Very cool pictures and experience! Have a great race. I have a CD for you. Trying to get a lot done today...

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Clearly, you are having a ball! Great pics! Thanks for letting us live vicariously!

Lance Hancock said...

Rock it Bree. You deserve to be there just as much as any other pro.

Kiet said...

Man, I got tired reading your post, talking about energy. You're such a good traveler Bree, you seem to embrace the people and the culture and only a person with an open mind and open heart can do that. It only confirms the good things I already think about you.

ebagger said...

You have great taste in guys to draft! Yahoo! (don't tell my husband I said that). Good luck this weekend!

Best, Emily
www.triwidows.com

Teresa said...

So the drafting photos are the best because I will definitely never experience that! Keep having fun and living life. Good luck!
tn

Regina said...

You are just having way too much fun ;)

Maria said...

Have a great race Bree! Thanks for the bum shots...lol :o)

Phoebe said...

hehe love the pics. You are beautiful!!!

Melissa said...

Yummy, thanks for the pics! Have an awesome race! I'm glad you are loving the place and the people :-)

Yasi said...

Go Bree! Kick butt and take names this weekend!

Those pictures are wonderful and it looks like such an amazing place out there. I've always wanted to explore Southeast Asia after being in China, your pictures are just adding more fuel to the fire!