Saturday, September 5, 2009

Rev Up...

Sheeesh! Talk about revving up!! Town is already going full swing (well, full compared to the usual lack of people in town, yet not as full as it will get), rev up for Ironman, Clearwater, winter marathons, its full on! Even more funny is how some of us are revving up for 2010! Not even kidding, this morning a friend and I were talking about races we want to race NEXT YEAR! AND I know we aren't the only ones doing that...
.
That was just small talk though, and excitement, on the forefront is KONA. Just in case you can focus on more than one race at a time, check out this series! REV3 is launching a 3 race series next year. An Olympic, a half iron, and a full iron distance race. Each of the races are totally family friendly (as in the family can play at a near by amusement park while you ride your bike all day), they each have amazing prizes (including the $150,000 up for grabs at one of the events), and the events will have the Trakking device fully functioning with live feed for your family to trakk you all day long!
.
Here is the series "in case you are planning"...

  • May 9th Knoxville, TN is an Olympic and half- $50,000 prize purse for Pro’s (for the Olympic) , various prizes for amateurs.
  • June 5th and 6th Middlebury, CT- Olympic on Saturday and the Half on Sunday- $150,000 prize purse (for the half) , various prizes for amateurs
  • September 12th at Cedar Point (huge amusement park) in Ohio, half and a full, $100,000 prize purse (for the full), various prizes for amateurs

When all 3 races are done they will combine your finish scores (you only have to complete any 2 of the 3 races), and the overall winner will receive ANOTHER pay day! For pros ($15,000) and amateurs ($4,000)!!

Other events worth mentioning... in case you are in Kona...is the LAVAMAN part 2! Sunday the 13th is the Big Islands second Lavaman Olympic Distance triathlon of the year! This one will have the same huge beach party, run on the lava, ocean swim, and incredible race directors/volunteers. I've been working diligently on having coach let me race...I'm sure if I do 6 hours on Saturday then promise to run another 10 miles after the race on Sunday he may let me do it as part of Kona training...hehehehe!!!

Finally, today is my easy day, chillin' inside with Kainoa, that means I got most all the Philippines photos in the gallery. BIG thanks to: Jepoy Cruz, Romy De Villa, Timmy de los Reyes, Efraim from Oahu, Noel De la Rosa, Tina Cornejo, Kenneth Rosales, Allan Tam, Alvin Lo, Ryan Tan, Karen K F Catabian, Grace M Tuy, Redge Plopinio, Noy Jopson, Norman E Pascual, and forgive me if I missed anyone else, but THANK YOU for all the great photos you sent me-keeps the memories alive! To check them out, click the above photo! (I'll keep adding more today till I'm done).

Good luck training and happy planning for your next race!
Bree
.

8 comments:

MM said...

I hope you get to do Lavaman II, or at least come down to Keahou and cheer :-)

Missy said...

Rev 3 sounds very interesting AND drivable for me, may have to check that out!

t-odd said...

Great pics! Love the leap at the finish. Hope you get to do Lavaman II. (c'mon coach let her to do it.) Hope you got a chance to enjoy your easy day.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

Go Gammie said...

Great photos from Philippines. You did so awesome there!!! Hopefully the Lavaman this weekend works out for your training. Maybe your training will be similar to Lavaman in March,,, yikes!!
Enjoy the long weekend!!!!

TriGirl Kate O said...

OOooh, will I get to see you at Rev3 in Knoxville next year?! Can't wait to look at all the pics.

Mel said...

CUTE "wink" photo...SO your butt better be doing the one at Cedar Point in Ohio..I only live like an hour a way from there so I will for sure be there....and DB said something about doing it.....how FUN!!!!! I will be your cotton candy barffin buddy...the park is huge and awesome!!!

Slow Rider said...

ok stop already are you doing the series?

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I have been looking at one of these races all year, they really seem like they know how to put on a good race. Maybe Cedar Point Half will be on my schedule next year.