Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday...

I love Thursdays... they always make me feel like super woman! Wednesdays are always my LONG-hurt-me day and Thursdays always follow them up with some mental pain! This morning was 10 miles of fartlek speedy stuff where I had to force the legs to go depsite any lingering fatique from Wednesday. I must confess, the run had A LOT of high-lights!
.
I bumped into Hoffman, McCormack, and Bozzone on Ali'i. Terenzo high-fived me! Honestly, how often do you see 3 of the fastest men on 2 legs running in your back yard and they give you some skin?!! Then it was the usual waving of all the local friends driving by or running by, that never gets old to me, I enjoy seeing them day-after-day! Just when I was about to fumble over my 2 feet the Kona bike squad pass by on 2 wheels and that sent me flying home! Then, I made a new friend (see the cute green guy above). That is no local gecko, but man I love him!
From there it was feet first into the ocean for another swim to the Iron buoy (still missing by the way). It was ZOOOOOOOOOOOM all the way there with no float, snorkel, photo, or chat breaks. Then it was regroup, laugh, and totally pinch myself that I am in the ocean with my favorite friends, fully LOVING my day at the office under the sea! It was bubbles back to the beach as I hung on...

On the way back to the beach I discovered a VERY good method for hanging on when the pace is totally kicking your bum...it worked wonders...ha ha ha! AND I am sure Monroe didn't mind the extra body he had to lug to shore...

video

ALMOST ALOHA FRIDAY! ahhhh, this is gonna be a good weekend, I'm feeling it! AND to everyone that sent me movie suggestions, I have already watched a few of them, in fact i'm on 2 flicks a day! THANK YOU! Still don't think this movie/couch life beats jumping off a cliff, but it's only a few more weeks.
NIGHT!!
.

7 comments:

ADC said...

What is that creature? Happy Friday Bree!

Regina said...

Oh! forgot about movie suggestions...I love "You've Got Mail", it's the only movie I can watch over and over again. Or if you want to see the old original that it was made from "The Shop Around the Corner". Of course anything with Cary Grant, but I particularly like "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House".

For action: Any of the Bourne movies (Identity, Ultimatum, etc.), "The Italian Job" (I hear the original with Michael Caine is really good), anything with Clive Owens in it.

I also like "The Golden Compass" (from a tween series of books, but really cool).

Charisa said...

NICE swim draft technique :)

IAN said...

I am using that on Oct. 10. So don't freak out if you feel a hand on your leg... its just me

Roo said...

Sounds like a great day!

Ange said...

I love all your underwater pictures/videos!!! how cool! How do you GET those! I keep meaning to take my camera with me on a run or a ride or something. Ahh..the waters of Hawaii. I can't WAIT to get there! Our Maine waters are getting chilllllly!!!!
Enjoy the couch!!! I think I need to do soem of that this month as well. and I would LOVE to meet up for a swim or a run while there! Mahalo!!!

CoachLiz said...

Hey, at least you were nice enough to only hang on with one hand and stroke with the other arm. I remember a swim team drill like this and we had to drag someone down to the other end, long course-50 meters, while they hung on to our ankles and kicked. It sucked!