Sunday, October 4, 2009

A BIG ISLAND Day...

Today was the "Big Island" day...all the athletes from Big Island racing Ironman get together, smile, and take a photo. It's really fun...like a celebration of all our "team work" paying off. We spend all year training, doing local races together, cheering for each other, and on this day, we celebrate! I love it. There are 28 of us racing this year...wooooohoooo! GO BIG ISLANDERS!!!

In the evening we celebrate with a REAL Italian dinner. Giovani makes us his special lasagna and all the breads, salads, and special meat you can eat! Vino is on tap too... for some...Gio is straight from Italy so he knows his "pasta parties". We talk triathlon, we talk Hawaii, we mostly just talk and eat, a lot! The sunset and company was the perfect way to spend a Sunday.
.
I have to confess, one of the high-lights was stealing Lorenzo's camera. That's Lorenzo with Wendy, Kainoa, and I. He is Giovani's friend from Italy, a future 2012 Olympian swimmer, who left his camera on the table...and we took it! Oh the fotos we took, hilarious! I can hardly wait till he uploads his pictures and sees what us naughty girls did, with help of course from everyone at the party... ha ha, he will never forget his Hawaiian vacation after us!
Now it's bed time. Tomorrow is a little chat with Argon 18 and a little recovery swim. Life is good...MAHALO Giovani and Lois for the perfect meal!! AND Big Island Ironmen, CONGRATS, we made it!! It has been a pleasure to train and race with you all season long!
Bree
.

12 comments:

ADC said...

Wow Bree It's RACE WEEK. Totally excited for you :))

Missy said...

AND he is cuuuuteeee too;)

Sherry said...

Fun stuff! A 'real' Italian pasta party! Yum!!! Enjoy your taper, Bree! It's so close now! YAY!!!!

Nibbles said...

Bree, I am so excited for you and I will be glued to the computer watching live coverage after my Saturday workout is over. Thank you so much for sharing this journey with your fans. I have enjoyed your wonderfuly evocative writing through every post!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Hmmm, vino in the aero bottle on race day??? Might be on to something here....

miles99999 said...

Sounds like things are going great for you. Rest up this week (as much as is possible during your taper) and kick ass on Saturday!

Coach Liz said...

Looks like a great time with friends. I am avoiding as many people as possible to stay healthy and not get the flu. I miss my friends.

Samantha said...

YAY! Race week! I'm so excited to follow the race! Tell everyone I said HI!

Teresa said...

The food sound soooo good...and filling! Go Islanders!!!
tn

Monica Kvas said...

Oooo, I love Lorenzo's locks! Soooo excited for you! Can't wait to watch the race! You are on your home turf so you are going to rock big time!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I'm chuckling to myself because I don't recognize you guys with those big t-shirts!

Heidi Austin said...

yum yum italian! i love your french guy photo on FB.French guys make me laugh too!