Monday, October 19, 2009

Shooting Stars...

There is something about rainbows and shooting stars... they always make moments in life simply perfect. It is almost the time of year (October 20-November 30) when stars will fall from the sky (you know, a meteor shower called Taurids), that just makes beach nights glow! Tomorrow is the 20th, but a handful of us were lucky enough to get a preview of shooting stars tonight!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE making wishes on stars and tonight I got to make 2! Wednesday we are going camping, I am sure with the "Taurids meteor thingy" I will get to make a handful more!

Tonight was sand covered burrito's at the beach, a beautiful sunset, Kainoa running barefoot, dark water swimming, laughing with the girls about who knows what...something about singing at a wedding (I'm the one singing and I plan on sounding like Adam Sandler in the "Wedding Singer" when he sings, Love Stinks, not that I think it does, I just want to sound like him at the wedding). It was teasing Dave about his violin lessons, a visit with Cody and his brother, and hearing about Pablo's travel adventures. The night was almost perfect... it reminded me of that song, "What a Wonderful World". Not every night feels like that, but tonight did... BEACH nights amaze me...
In triathlon news... coach called to give me my answer on plan A, B, or C...but he didn't give me my answer, he said maybe tomorrow. I wanted & asked for plan A at the begining of the year & STILL want it, I would happily agree to plan B because I could make it a family thing but that plan is already out the window and we aren't talking about it anymore, and plan C just flat out makes me want to ride my bike into the ocean and not ride out of it till I am sure it's just a bad dream, but I would bite my tongue and do it anyways... Dear Coach, if you are reading this, Plan A, por favor!
The sand covered Kainoa is now showered and sleeping. This momma is ready for some sweet dreams too! There is a swell on the way, and SINCE I HAVE NO TRAINING PLAN YET, Coach Paul, I think I will take myself surfing tomorrow and call it swim practice.
.
Aloha Ahiahi :)

15 comments:

Ordinarylife said...

I love reading your blog! I always leave feeling happy - and more than just a bit envious!

ADC said...

Do I see some tears in Kainoa's eyes :(((
Plan A!!!!! (whatever it is).

Erika said...

you are so inspiring! thanks for sharing your journey and for making other moms feel like there is hope we can still find a glimmer of our pre-mommy bods!

Missy said...

I feel like Kainoa in the last picture:( Poor buddy, a face plant is never fun!

t-odd said...

Sandy Kainoa is kind of funny, but I feel bad for the sand in the mouth. Ick!

It's not even November yet and I already need a beach.

Enjoy the meteor shower.

Regina said...

Here's hoping you get your plan A. Surfing as swim practice? How does that work?

Jill Costantino said...

Plan A for Bree, Plan A for Bree!
Great swim practice idea.
Love the pics!

Coach Liz said...

I hope that Plan A is the one I think it might be! Wish on a couple more of those shooting stars.

Teresa said...

Love the shooting stars. Poor Kainoa looks like he face planted it.

Sweet dreams and surf on until you get the RIGHT answer from coach.
tn

Caroline said...

Keep enjoying the unstructured life! Surfing totally counts...especially when you're actually good at it!
Can I play the guessing game for your plan a,b,c? A) Cozumel, B) Florida (too soon), C) Arizona! If I'm right, I totally agree with your thought about Az. The course sucks- so ugly :( but I'm hoping it is better now that it's in Nov. Would love another awesome athlete there to brighten up the course!

Ordinarylife said...

You were on TV in South Africa this week! So cool to actually see you in a race (St Croix).

Trigirlpink said...

Glad your undies fit! Have fun camping!!

greyhound said...

Plan A, por favor, and uno mas cerveza!

Lizard and I will show you a good time fo sho.

Jen said...

I think I would vote for plan B because I think that would mean I get to hang out with ya! Am I right?? ;)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Come on Coach! Plan A please! We want a happy Bree!