Sunday, October 18, 2009

Swim Practice, Kona Aquatics Style...

Coach Paul has yet to let me return to masters swim practice. Today I over ruled that and returned to my beloved Kona Aquatics Swim Team! Last season we were voted the "Most Social" masters swim team in the USA. I am sure we won the award again this season...and will continue to hold that honor for years to come! You see, having a coach like Coach Steve makes it all too easy to go to the pool, the ocean, or wherever he is holding practice. I beg, plead, and cry like a baby when Coach Paul doesn't work masters into my training plan. Today, no masters yet again...however...this momma & her son made it to the pier on time, for another Kona-style-practice with Coach Steve and the incredible masters swim team!

Today's workout was a pretty fun filled adventure!
Warm Up: Meet at 8:30, Aloha time, say good morning to almost the entire swim team, rub on a lot of sunscreen, look over board at all the playful dolphins, smile because the vog is gone and we have a perfect view of Hualalai, and of course, break out the bikini's!


Main Set: Laugh so hard it hurts, watch Kainoa over dose on donuts from Uncle Giovani, find fins that are too big but wear them snorkeling anyways, look at all the underwater creatures and play in the ocean till you taste like sea salt and turn into a prune, get on the boards and paddle out to sea!



Cool Down: A cannon ball, flip, or dive off the side of the boat, anything goes as long as the splash is really big and gets everyone wet! Sunday, I will log this workout to coach for sure! As for the other training...I have been working coach Paul on those "plan A, B, and C". His only response is, I will let you know. I still don't know... till then, MORE KONA AQUATICS PLEASE! Except I really miss my bike!
Aloha from Kona,
Bree
.

9 comments:

Dolphin Boy said...

Liquid Aloha spoken here...

ADC said...

I love it that Kainoa loves the ocean and water.

MJ said...

That's my kind of swim workout!

(I wish...)

Teresa said...

So much fun. Love the pic of Kainoa jumping in. His face says everything!

tn

Trigirlpink said...

cutest dress ever!

wonderwoman said...

I was thinking the same thing about the dress! Love it!

Jody said...

in my next life i am coming back as one of your kids! so fun!

Oscarjet said...

Bree, buscame trabajo que me voy a vivir a Kona !!!!!!!! urgente !!!
cada dia tenemos mas claro que tenemos que ahorrar y viajar a Kona...que bonito dia habeis pasado.Gracias por compartirlo.
Pura energia ! ;D

luky begum said...

I have enjoyed reading your post. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort on your blog. I appreciate your effort. Please check out my site.
Child swim lessons