Friday, November 13, 2009

A Hui Hou…

A-good-day-023csiA good day 007

The little island boy and I are about to set off on another adventure… Florida. Brooke and Nick are already there with the Florida family. Poor Nick, he knows my family pretty well from their visits to Hawaii, but he has NEVER been to Florida or experienced life with my family on their home turf! When packing, he asked if he should bring parachute pants! “Doesn’t everyone wear those in Florida?” he asks…

My family is amazing. A lot of life, a lot of love, a lot of muddy jeeping totally redneck style (they all have lifted jeeps), a lot of golf, a lot of God, and a lot of dancing. Oh boy…nothing like the simple tropical life he knows here in Hawaii. BUT when you become part of the family and get my little sister pregnant you now belong…run Nick…run!

Tomorrow we arrive and coach has me down for a ride..you know, for Mexico. I love riding at my parents, I ride past cows, horses, and not much more. The bikini’s are packed too, along with jeans (I bought some!!). I have 4 sisters in Florida ready to reunite and break out the hair pulling and name calling…the aunts and uncles, brother in laws, and nephews too. There is even rumor of an Argentino amigo lingering in Florida…not sure, it’s still a rumor…

Leaving the island is ALWAYS bitter sweet for me, I love this place, my home, SO MUCH! At practice this morning I tried not to cry under my goggles when Coach Steve told me to “Good Luck and he knows I will do well”. I couldn’t even say good bye to him, I ran off the pool deck quickly to avoid tears. And my friends…I started missing them last week. The pineapples, papayas, sunsets on the Pacific, the never ending lava fields, the ocean full of life, my life here…all of it I am taking with me.

As for this blog, it’s kinda broke, Jay has been trying to make changes (like fancy or updated or something) and this girl has no idea what is happening, so I begged and pleaded to get back the old format (the easy, simple one), he is working on it… hopefully he will get it done faster than ALOHA time so I can post Kainoa livin’ it up in Florida…

Okay, a plane is waiting. Next stop, the Sunshine state!

Bree

4 comments:

Georgia said...

Hey Bree,
I read your blog everyday, and really have enjoyed watching you progress over the years. It also keeps me in touch with the island even though I don’t live there anymore. Good luck in Cozumel, I look forward to always seeing how you do.

roo said...

Next year this time maybe I’ll be there visiting in FL too! My folks are hoping to move after Christmas Woo-hoo!

Sue Fegelman said...

Good Luck in Cozumel!! Enjoy your family in Florida
Cheers,
SUE

Terrish B said...

I can totally relate to the Bittersweetness of leaving the island. I finally got my offical orders last Tuesday to San Diego. I know that I am going to love it there.... but I walked outside and cried to myself. I have a relationship of a lifetime with Hawaii and it is hard to think of having to let it go.
Keep having a Hee-Haw time in the South :-) HUGS!!!!