Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pesos, Pools, and Cucumber…

IMG00267-20091117-0847[1]

Thump, thump, thump, thump, do you hear that? It’s my heart, it’s beating SO FAST! I’m trying to enjoy the family moments and lavish up all this fun here in Florida without thinking toooooo much about Mexico. However, I am SO EXCITED the butterflies are floating in my belly out of control! THEN, I got pesos! Travis is giving me all his pesos from his recent trip to Mexico, but only under one condition… if I OWNED my swim yesterday, hand over the pesos amigooooo!

Solo swimming in the ocean, NO problemoooo! Solo swimming in the pool, yikes! While getting lost on the way to the pool yesterday I had the MAN-ager on the phone reminding me that in 13 days I get to race in Mexico and that I have to make the swim count, (he knows I am a lost cause without Kona Aquatics when it comes to the pool). After firing me up I arrive to find this:

florida o9 002

A huge, beautiful pool with only one swimmer and 3 life guards! Talk about no distractions (or in my case nothing to motivate me to move it). I reminded myself of Ironman Hawaii and how I swam most the swim solo, I need these solo swims to practice finding ways to focus for those races where sometimes you are solo swimming. Jump in and go… Mexico on my mind, pesos on the line…

The swim goes in the book as one of my rare, VERY RARE successful solo pool swims! In front on me I was pretending to follow Monroe, Jason, and Andy, my lane mates from back home. Coach Steve was on the deck with that smile of his, it was Kona Aquatics in Florida. When I got out my smile was beaming and I could hardly wait to call the MAN-ager back to let him know he can hand over the pesos, ha ha! But even better, I found a team, the Florida Masters has a few workouts that I plan to jump in with for my next couple swims, just to be safe…

Redneck Yacht Club 002

Along with the pool swim, training has been going smooth. My parents are keen to help me whenever I need some Kainoa-sitting, and they are fully supplying all the recovery meals, laundry, and entertainment I need. It’s nice to be a kid again!! Todays fuel was Pei Wei’s. Never heard of it or been there till today, I give it 5 stars. Not really sure when fortune cookies started to announce your “lucky food” but today, along with my fortune, (that I have a 6th sense and good intuition), and my numbers, the cucumber is what I am to fuel up on…okay, I guess…

12 Days…

13 comments:

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

Bree Wee,

Good luck in Mexico. I hope you rip it up. Just wanted you to know I your honor I have duck taped on my aero bottle for IMAZ. Hope to race with an attitude like yours.

ADC said...

Nice pool. Yay for pesos. ;))

Regina said...

Wow. I just got four posts all at once. For some reason they didn't show up on my reader before today. Oh well, I'm all caught up now!

Looks like you & kainoa are having a ball. I love the mudding. I grew up in redneck country, I remember it well.

You are so good about training, 3:45 wake up call?! I'm thinking snooze button, I guess that's why you're the pro.

Teresa said...

Keep it up Bree! Not sure how you do it ALL! Maybe because it is so much fun! Love the muddy photos and glad you are having a blast with your girls!
tn

Kim said...

wohooo pesos and cervezas ahora! way to get a great solo swim in. see you soon in the great land of Coz!

Trishie said...

Great swim and yay for pesos! Last night I worked on finalizing my travel plans.. eeps! see you soon in Cozy !

t-odd said...

Keep up the great training. You are going to rock it in Mexico!

Coach Liz said...

Congratulations on the super solo swim! The shadows on the last photo make your muscles look super DOPE!

Glad you discovered Pei Wei's. They are owned by P.F.Chang's which has yummy food as well. My favorite is the Pad Tai noodles with chicken. Yummy!

Yes, in one week we will all be arriving in sunny and warm Cozumel!!!

Go Gammie said...

Wow, looks like Florida is fun. Redneck Yacht Club sounds like it should be here in Canada!!! Glad you are enjoying your time there,,,,,, and getting some training. Have a blast in Mexico :)

Nibbles said...

Congrats on the pool swim! I am with you--I hate swimming alone, and I am about 3 times slower than you! What a weird fortune cookie. Cucumbers?

Nibbles said...

Also, I just love that weird photo of the guy holding the yogurt parfait.

Katya said...

arriba, Arrrriiiibbbbaaa!! (learned that from tom & jerry's; )

getting very, very excited for you!

xoxox

Bruce Stewart (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Chica, maybe I should start imagining you are swimming in the next lane, and that Stevo is on the deck shouting out instructions as I swim alone in the pool almost every time I go there. Well, sometimes there are one or two other people, but I just whizz by them so they don't really count.
Hope your race goes well and you have a lot of fun.