Thursday, November 5, 2009

Something About The Ocean...

Today there was a world full on my mind... too much to think about, too much to try and figure out. Thankfully coach gave me a run and thankfully the beach surrounds me. A bit of both and I discovered there is something about the ocean that makes me fall in love all over again with the life I have been given...no matter the challenges. Then I thought about Helen Keller, she saw so much beauty in this life even without her sight. The fotos are what I saw, the words are what she sees...

"Everything has it's wonders, even darkness. I have learned whatever state I am in to be content"
.
"We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world"
"It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision"
.
"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see a shadow"
"Life is either a great adventure or nothing"
.
"Never bend your head, always hold it high, look the world straight in the eye"
"It is hard to interest those who have everything in those who have nothing"
.
"One can never creep when he feels an impulse to soar"
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart"
.
"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
.
PS: Everyone racing Ironman Florida, I hope you have a GREAT day, go get it!

11 comments:

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Yes, I miss the ocean, too. I hope you enjoy your trip to Florida (and Mexico), etc. I think the more time you can spend over there, the better for you both, really do.

Ordinarylife said...

I totally agree - there is something about the ocean

ADC said...

Love it!

CoachLiz said...

I know I will have lots of friends walking with me in the dark at Cozumel. Thank you for sharing some great words of insight from Helen Keller.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I just love the scenry you get to experience everyday, so jealous

Nibbles said...

Thanks for the quotes. I was due for an attitude adjustment this morning!

t-odd said...

Ah, the ocean. Miss it much. Thanks for the inspiration. It's easy to forget how much we have and to give thanks.

Jill Costantino said...

So beautiful - Have a Happy Day!

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Beautiful post Bree! Thanks for the quotes and pictures. You know what I miss most about Kona? The water, the colors, the sand...you are so luck! THANK YOU for sharing!!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Beautiful thoughts to treasure!

Rory said...

I am watching online. Have fun!