Friday, November 27, 2009

They Don't Like My Hula Girl...

Life on an island, TOTALLY unpredictable, and I LOVE IT! The swim was cancelled again this morning, no big deal...we went anyway, down the coast. Luckily my sombreros didn't splash off! The hotel is North of the action, meaning this is the least distracted I have been prerace. Not much here to do, but lots to look at if you don't mind seeing the blue ocean over and over all day long... I think it's helping keep me off my feet and out of trouble. In fact, the only thing tired on me is my ear and mouth from talking and listening to coach!! Thanks coach for the chat!!

I did have an incredible ride today. It is so beautiful here. I love the little roads and how everyone drives in the middle of them. And of course the "side of the road bike tech" was very fortunate for me too. However, the Mexicans do not like my hula girl! At the security point on the way to Cozumel they told me, "Que fea!" I don't think she's ugly. Today while getting my bike ready the techs were all laughing and asked if they should take her off. OF COURSE NOT! Then they asked me to at least wash her hair...no. Hula girl is READY and I am TOO!


Adios!!
Bree

13 comments:

Chloe said...

They just with they had a hula girl! Good luck on Saturday!!

D said...

Yep. Jealousy will get you nowhere!

I'm so ready to sit around for another Sunday tracking. I'm not gonna lie... I'm pretty glad to know it's not going to be a 16 hour Sunday like last weekend though ;)

Lora said...

Good luck, Bree!

- Lora

Coach Liz said...

How could they not like Hula Girl??? Hope to see you at the swim tomorrow. Hey! How did Pablo get to Cozumel???

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Have fun!! YEA - looks awesome out there. :) Even if they don't like the important stuff on your bike! Will be cheering for you!!!!!

Go Gammie said...

Heh Bree, I hope you and Hula Girl have a great race!!!

Nibbles said...

They are only jealous! GOOD LUCK this weekend!

t-odd said...

Do you totally have a groupie? (Pablo) Don't ever give up Hula Girl!

Good lucks out there. dos cervezas por favor. me duele cuando orino. (That is the only Spanish I know. Still, very effective in most situations.)

Safe and fast racing!

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

Hula girl is hot:)

Heather Gollnick said...

HI Teamate!!
Have a muy muy bueno race
yep that's about all my espanol but hope you really enjoy it and have a great race
Heather

Beth said...

Good luck tomorrow Bree!! We're rooting for you! The pictures of Cozumel look like HI!! Something tells me you are just going to rock it tomorrow...just like your "home" course. :) Enjoy!!

Regina said...

Sorry I got to this late, but I had no Internet where I was. Way to stick by your hula girl! I hope you had a good race. Gonna stalk your results now!

Kim said...

hey! that guy on the left in the first picture - that's carey right?! i met him on the plane from cancun to cozumel!!! small world!