Friday, December 4, 2009

It's 74* Today...

Kona is FREEZING! We have to breakout the wetsuits! The bikini's will take a break during the winter while ocean swimming, we even spotted a dolphin in ear muffs! ha ha ha, just kidding! It feels so good to be home. The plans for off-season are in the making, oh it looks like a lot of trouble in paradise, and to those of you who have written such nice messages about following this blog throughout the season, thank you for the support and I'll try to keep the fun going even while the lack of swimbikerun is hibernating.
.
Next week the crazy Kiwi's, Bryan Rhodes and Aaron Billings are coming to Kona, that should start with the winter wonderland fun! Mauna Kea had it's first snow, but it already melted, I have the snow beanie ready and a group of us are already planning a trip to the top to freeze our okole's off!
.
Kainoa is begging Santa for a camera for Christmas, that should keep the blog fotos interesting! And the pregnant sister looks about to pop, even though she has about 3 months to go, my fun will be poking her belly and teasing Nick about changing diapers. I might even get those Christmas cards in the mail sooner than later! Of course we have to find a tree too...
.
Today, the farmers market, a swim in the ocean, try to undo all the spoiling Kainoa was lavished upon from the grandparents, and put the bike together... I might even book a flight somewhere warm, ha ha ha.... really.
.

video

Finally, thank you SO much to Johnson Blanton, Travis the MAN-ager, Coach Paul and Lifesport, Coach Steve and Kona Aquatics, K-Swiss, Trakkers, Argon 18, Splish, Blue Seventy, Cera Sport, Bike Works, The Club in Kona, Healing Island Massage, J Schott Family, my family, the amazing training partners for dealing with me all year, of course God and Kainoa, and the blog readers for the darn funniest comments that sometimes had me on the floor (I saved those!). Let the Holiday fun begin!!

Bree

13 comments:

Marni said...

Congrats again in Cozumel! Bet you are glad to be home. 74 is freezing!! It is now 50-degrees in Jacksonville and I am ready to get out my scarf!
Stay warm!
-marn

MadisonDuo said...

Great song on the slide show...but I think you have found your 'paradise'...go after it and don't let go. :)

74 degrees...oh my how i would love for that temp right now...it was 18 degrees this morning here in Wisconsin.

Have an enjoyable off-season.

Ange said...

guess what! we had 70 in MAINE yesterday! In December!??? Something's messed up here.
seriously though...loved the video. SO happy for you. enjoy the rest and your little boy at Christmas.

Molly said...

You guys are so funny - first I had Michelle telling me it would be too cold for a bikini when I come to Hawaii in a few weeks and now you wearing wetsuits. Hello, it's 40 here right now and I swim in 55-degree ocean - Maui will feel HOT :)

Welcome home!

miles99999 said...

Bree, great season. I do have to laugh at your possible need to fly somewhere warm. We are supposed to get snow in Pennsylvania tomorrow...and it is 70F+ there in Hawaii? Dang, you are spoiled.

t-odd said...

Great video/slide show!

Don't most airplane propellers spin the ENTIRE TRIP!? That would have had me, um, soiling myself.

Tell Pablo the next time he has a chance to catch you projectile vomiting at a race he has to get it on video - as payback for his Kona pictures.

Have a wonderful off season. I am so sorry you have such "awful" weather right now. I will send the snow and 15 degrees we have to make you feel "better."

Regina said...

Congratulations on a fab season. I'm actually very interested to see what you get into in the off season - not trouble, of course ;)

if you're planning on getting Kainoa a camera, vtech makes a nice one. It has two eye holes to look through since they don't really get the whole idea of closing one eye and rubber sides easy for holding and protection against dropping. It does also have a screen. My son loves it. If you're planning on getting him an adult camera, just ignore what I said.

Have fun !

Coach Liz said...

Great slide show! It looks like you really got to enjoy every bit of the island. Right now I am scratching furiously at the mosquito bites all over my lower legs and feet that I got on that run course.

You think it is cold at 74 degrees in Kona? Well, we had snow and freezing temperatures in Houston, TX today. I want to go back to Cozumel!

Mama Simmons said...

I'm with ya! BRRRR. It's cold! I'm doing the Double RoughWater swim here on Oahu on Sunday and I'd really like to wear a wetsuit. I think it should be legal bc the water is so cold now...

beth said...

Touchdown in hawaii! i loved reading your cozumel adventures and everything all year long. Bree- you've really grown this year!

i can't wait to see what is in store for next year.

ADC said...

Just keep writing Bree - you are awesome.

donna furse said...

whoever is doing the flexing in this picture looks like he has flippers for feet. Hope your recovery is going well, looking forward to see what your race plan is for 2010.

Bob Almighty said...

Glad to hear you did pretty well in mexico oher than the food poisioning and ..well interesting med tent experience. Hope your holidays go well.