Thursday, January 7, 2010

Neon Pink and Orange...

Woke up and wanted to play mermaid... the ocean is calling my name with this winter swell. When the seas are big and strong something draws me to it, I'm fearless, maybe because I know it's something bigger and greater than me and to just enjoy it rather than fight it makes me feel safe & alive. Being tossed under water and swept up in the commotion of the ocean is like a magical moment completely indescribable until you feel it. But you can't fight it or you'll never appreciate it, you just have to go with it...
.
Triathlon feels like that for me this week. I'm just going with it, getting caught up in the riding, the running, the swimming. No fighting the plan, just appreciating that my body gets to swimbikerun. I have fallen madly in love with triathlon all over again. Today was another ride and my first run with some zip...feeling the legs go, just a little bit, had me smiling ear to ear. I'm starting to feel some excitement to race again...

.
"Swim 3-4km if you hit the surf. Have fun". That is tomorrows swim. This mermaids eyes were delighted to see that on her plan for tomorrow, (of course there is a chunky sized ride in there too), but that swim....like heaven on Earth in this tri-life. Life on the island has that fresh summer feel to it this time of year, the feeling where you just want to eat icy pops and play till the sun drops. It's easy to get up early right now and easy to spend all day outside. Nobody seems to be in a hurry and there are only a handful of tourists in town, it's quiet except for the roaring surf. At the moment I'm trying to embrace it, as the season rolls on in island life and triathlon I'm sure it will get a little more hurried. Till then, sundresses and bare feet will keep my bike, goggles, and sneakers company...
.
Planting seeds.
Simple life.
Everything in bloom.
Quiet town.
Late nights.
Sunsets.
.
Much Aloha,
Bree.
.

12 comments:

Ordinarylife said...

sounds like a fantastic time of year!

Enjoy

ADC said...

You sound soo happy and I am thrilled about it. Enjoy your life in paradise.

Jill Costantino said...

So beautiful! Very cute pic of you and your man!

Nibbles said...

Bree,

Have you seen Nick Kristof's NY Times column on Costa Rica? You'll love it!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/07/opinion/07kristof.html?scp=3&sq=nicholas%20d.%20kristof&st=cse

tinaparker87 said...

Your baby looks big in the black and white photo.

I think there is still hope in racing this year for me. Thank youfor the motivation. I actually dreamed of Hawaii a few nights ago. Sub conciously of me wanting to do Lavaman and just ride on the big island.

You are doing great! You will have a great year! I hope to see you race someday in person.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Just catching up on some old posts. Jimmy R will be a great asset to you. We need to talk that other guy in the picture to get back into his original sport.

OH, send some of your weather the Florida way, would you??

Cheers!
IronBob

t-odd said...

You seem so happy and at peace. You are certainly enjoying your life now, as you should. Keep loving life.

Julia said...

my oh my look at what a big boy Kainoa is now!
That is a beautiful sunset, I love the mermaid image :)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Your joy just jumps off the page!

BreeWee said...

thanks for the link Nibs! I tried to thank you on your profile but it doesnt have a place....so thanks!

beth said...

so beautiful. i love your life!

midlife_swimmer said...

I dream about swimming in warm open water.