Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Don't Wanna Miss A Thing...

This is Gary, Junko let me borrow her husband for the morning. I was in need of a "pacer" and he was the only boy on the massive list I sent around who could pull me through my ride. It was possibly the best solution for a "go hard-hurt like mad-hold on-fall apart" girl like me when it comes to pacing. Girls, whenever your workout requires some pacing efforts and you must nail them (as in not too easy, not too hard), find a guy to pull you around, it works wonders!
.
The ride was super...except one small thing...
I had this song "I don't wanna miss a thing" in my head all morning and ride long! ALL ride long... I was jamming like a kid at a candy store. The tune wasn't exactly "pump up tunes" but somehow it was an excellent ride nonetheless, maybe I'm just really in love with my bike.
After that it was some good, hard running with Africa on my mind. I was pretending to be there... seeing elephants and zebras and whatever else is waiting for me. Moments of pain and suffering came just like I'm sure to encounter during race day, but I was fully embracing them and even saying "Bring it on, I want the practice" and kept on running in the hot African sun (or Kona sun anyways).
.
About the time I finished the ride/run it was beyond lunch time and I was toast. It was another plop on my living room floor too tired to even take off my shoes or stinky sports bra and lay there in a pile of pain. If crying was an option tears would have flowed.
.
Just when I realized the day is slipping away and it's nearing time to get Kainoa from school there was one small thing left to do...swim. This is my dream job, I must get a move on. To say I was excited would be a lie, I wanted to nap. But on my car I found a little baby dolphin, a gentle reminder that I love swimming and can do this. I had no clue who left it (but would solve the mystery later), and all of a sudden motivation to splish and splash happy laps was filling my tired body.
Swimming was great! Not sure how it happened, TRAVIS, but my SPLISH bikini was accidentally NOT MINE but sized to someone else. It was a medium top and small bottoms. Let's just say that my suit bottoms were more Brazilian cut than ever providing a wonderful tan on my white bum and nothing filled my top but a lot of water every time I pushed off the wall (major drag). For future reference it's small top bigger bottoms, thank you. The swim really did go okay, thanks to pull gear and it wasn't a long swim, phewwww.... made it just in time to get Kainoa from school.

To top off Tuesday it was "Taco Tuesday", a regular event in Kona Land for some of us Kona Aquatics Crew. The beauty of the night other than the great friends and much needed burritos to refuel me, was a purple sunset. Purple skies are my most favorite...
.
It is now WAY beyond my bed time...Kainoa is snoring, and the water bottles are just now filled for tomorrows long day in paradise.
I Don't wanna miss a thing... the song is still in my head,
NIGHT!!
Bree

9 comments:

ADC said...

I LOOOOVE that song. Hope you've enjoyed your day.

Christi said...

Sounds like you had a great day and a beautiful sunset to end it!

MM said...

Sounds like a great day. Gary cracks me up. But I bet he's a good training partner. Though I doubt I could hang on his wheel.

Kiet said...

I actually can say I know first hand what Taco Tuesday is even though we did on a Saturday. Keep training hard Bree!

Damie said...

Love your happy posts!!!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Wow, what a day! I bet you slept like a log!

Joel said...

Bree, I love your posts! They are so happy and full of energy. Your pictures are always amazing! Good luck with your training this weekend! Not much longer till IM!

tinaparker87 said...

Missing Bree. Hope everything is alright?

Today is the 25th. Need a new post:)

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

I wonder what songs will come to my head as I run tomorrow. Hopefully, "Three Little Birds". It's gonna be tough, though, 90F, sunshine and over 26 miles, with a cut-off limit, so no taking it easy. Wish I had done some training for this.