Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Like Long Swims, Sunsets, & Skiing...

My coach is in town... I lost him. The day started with a swim, a long one and we got lost, took the wrong turn at the wrong coral head, in the wrong ocean, past the wrong buoy. But it was all good, the swim was really long as the plan said to do, and we eventually made it. BUT I made it almost an hour later and by that time coach was off and flying up and down hills with Lance Armstrong on the bike.

Manny blames me for getting us lost. Told coach I was really sorry, sometimes a mermaid looses her map...now I have to ride with him tomorrow, it will most likely hurt but maybe not. Thursday he is making me run for blood (you know that lactate test thingy). I'm not sure, I've never run for blood but I'm excited about it and have already learned so much...bring it on!


After the swim it was time to ride. Who knew riding solo could be so fun... that zone you get into when running long I found on my bike today. Maybe because no training partners wanted to come and the IPOD is broke, anyways, it was amazing to drift off on 2 wheels and feel content with nothing but the hot Kona winds and surrounding lava rocks.

Burrito Sunsets are back in action Monday nights... so happy about that. Last night a whale was doing its thing so close to shore we could hear him! It made the entire night surreal to be that close to something so perfect. Living in such paradise is something I never want to take for granted, especially being able to have beach sunsets all year long...so burrito sunset Mondays have me appreciating what I already love all over again and with people I totally adore, even if I am always the 3rd wheel...

Beautiful...
Okay enough of the warm sunny stuff... life ain't always hot tropics, BUT there is a bright side. I have this friend, Christie who lives in the exact opposite of sunshine (freezing snow to be exact)and her world is also a bit cloudy at the moment. It's her story to tell, not mine, but she needs a little help so I figured the least I could do is spread the word:
.
What: Bikini Ski 2010
When: Feb 20-21
Where: Monarch Ski Resort
Why: If I can raise $300-500 for the Crohns and Colitis Foundation, I will ski one run in my bikini. If I can raise $1000 I will ski two runs in my bikini!
How: Visit my blog, pedestrianrunner.blogspot.com, and click on the donate key. Then leave a comment on my blog so that I can keep a running tab and have donation names. I am working on getting some donations. And visit the site often because I will also post some swimsuit pictures so that you guys can vote on which suit I should wear! Thanks!
Check out Christi's page please...
It's only Tuesday and I'm pooped like Thursday.... better get the bike ready to roll with coach in the morning, this outta be good!! Night from Kona...

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Warm, Blue, Warm, Warm (did I mention warm yet?!?!) endless water. I'm so jealous!

ADC said...

Oh get some photos of Lance ;)))

Christi said...

Thanks Bree!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Sounds like a great way to get lost on a swim - and your bike ride was what we all strive for - zen moments.

Nice of you to help out Christi!

Love the pic of you holding Kainoa is classic - you are one hot momma.

Teresa said...

I would love to get lost in the ocean...how calming.

Thanks for posting about your friend at the Crohns and Colitis foundation. I am 100% in for the support for it. Will be posting on my blog once I get her permission.

chrissy parks said...

Soooo jealous of your ocean!
Have fun with the ride tomorrow!
If you can get Jimmy to the point of silence, you know you're working hard ... but good luck with that.
kick his butt for me!!

Regina said...

Your post title reads like a personal ad: "I like long swims, sunsets & skiing. If you like the same and are tall dark and handsome, can run a pace of 6:30, bike 200 miles, and swim until your arms drop off, then your the man for me!" ha!

Those sunset photos are outstanding!

Lisa said...

You are wearing my favorite Splish suit in the photo! I wear mine for motivation, particularly on cold, blustery days at the outdoor pool.

outdoorleisuredirect said...

Hi,

Swimming Pool, Portable Pools, Kids Trampoline, Plastic Pools, Children Outdoor Games, Adult Clothing, Above Ground Pool Kits, Intex Above Ground Swimming Pool, Swimming Pool Ladders,Outdoor Trampolines and Outdoor Sporting Goods at lowest possible prices on http://www.outdoorleisuredirect.co.uk

OutdoorLeisureDirect.co.uk