Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lapule...

Sunday I over dosed on blueberries in my granola and drank green tea for breakfast. Kainoa watched cartoons. Sunday I got to be in the ocean, run on the beach with some good friends at Mango, and accidentally swim Todd into the buoy line. I got to play barefoot. Sunday I smiled that the island was still here, calm, sunny, and warm water untouched by the tsunami. Sunday my hair was salty and my skin kissed by the sun.

Sunday Luis and Eric took me on my longish run to a place I'd never ran. I smiled a million smiles seeing somewhere new and fell even more in love with my beautiful life on an island. Sunday I wished my camera was in my sports bra so I could have photos of that run. The breeze was beautiful, the ocean gentle, and the path never ending. Sunday was the best run company since last Sunday's run partner with Clara.
Sunday I realized my life is sometimes an uphill climb. Views from the top always make it worth it so I keep going. Sunday I played island tunes all afternoon in my house, simple and sweet, and made me feel like falling in love-those island songs have that effect on me. Kainoa and I fell asleep on the couch with a book. Sunday we made a green smoothie full of who knows what but it tasted tropical. I love my sons blue eyes this Sunday more than last Sunday. Sunday my sister called to tell me she qualified for Boston, I smiled really big. Another friend called too, just because. I like those calls.
Sunday Kainoa and I caught another sunset, at the 5th beach this week. It was golden and faded into a purple sky, purple skies at night are my favorite. We laid where the ocean meets the sand and watched the sun sparkle on the water. It reminded me of his eyes when he is really happy.
Sunday Kainoa and me do what moms and sons do best, share some time. We picked up sea glass and tossed it into the ocean. We collected shells and talked to all the fishermen we found. Sunday Kainoa kept asking about sharks and tsunamis at the beach. I love how children never stop wondering about things, life.

Happy Lapule.
Bree
.

8 comments:

ADC said...

Perfect Sunday. Glad the island is still there intact :)))

skoshi said...

What a wonderful paean to life on the island and "the day after"! Glad there wasn't much tsunami and all of you are ok.

Christi said...

Sounds like you had some great mom and son bonding time. My son and I used to have some great times also but now that he is 18 I don't get as much. Oh well, I still have my wonderful memories!

CoachLiz said...

Wow, I want a Super Sunday like that! Glad to hear that you and the island are still there and loving life.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Glad to hear the tsunami was a non event and the islanders take it seriously.
In about 2 years, you need to add cub scouting to the list of activities, maybe you could even be "Den Mother"....

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

A beautiful day for a beautiful girl with a beautiful soul.

Marni said...

Craving a sunset like that...wish I was there!
Glad you are ok and everyone on the island is doing well.
-marn

Dawn said...

Glad to hear you are all ok there. I have friends and family on the islands too. Such beautiful pictures, your son is precious. (I'm a mom of a 5 year old boy and 7 year old girl too.) Love to hear about all your adventures you two have, such a great mommy!