Friday, February 26, 2010

Puffer Fish...


Today I feel like the puffer fish. Everything in me hurts, even my eyes. Twice this week that small voice saying, "Are you going to make this" tried to talk to me. The week was not that easy, at all. The swims kept me going thanks to fish and great lane mates. The rides kept me going thanks to some company and one really long solo day that I wanted to tackle on my own so I knew it was possible even when pooped. The runs got a hold of me pretty good, I always loved them but sometimes questioned how I would manage them because my legs ached so much. Honestly, I was on survival mode 2x this week and if another scooter scooted by me I would have taken a ride home...but it's Friday and the next 2 days look like cake compared to beef I was served this week.
.
The sunsets grabbed hold of me each night and reminded me to just settle in and calm down, rest easy and wake up to do it all again no matter how horrible I feel and do it as if I want to, not have to.
.
Kainoa just said, "Mom, I love you", moments like those sprinkled throughout my week helped me along too...time to tuck him (and me) in for another night. Keep going...because you want to.
Bree.

10 comments:

otterinco1967 said...

Good morning Bree,

I read your blog for the first time this morning, and really enjoyed reading what you posted. I could feel emotion in your words, and understand the true feeling of what you are trying to express.

You are a super lucky woman to have such a great little boy that shows you unconditional love and the true meaning of life!

Find you peace in Kainoa and the big blue...you are an amazing inspiration!

Peace...
George.

otterinco1967 said...

Good morning Bree,

I read your blog for the first time this morning, and really enjoyed reading what you posted. I could feel emotion in your words, and understand the true feeling of what you are trying to express.

You are a super lucky woman to have such a great little boy that shows you unconditional love and the true meaning of life!

Find you peace in Kainoa and the big blue...you are an amazing inspiration!

Peace...
George.

Terrish B said...

Yeah Girl!! We Keep on Going because we want to.... I could cry about missing Hawaii or just smile and enjoy what life has given me for now :-) Rain and cold but I am gonna keep on going! Much love to you darling, my surf sista!!
Aloha, T

Dawn said...

Hi Bree, I have been reading your blog for a long time, big fan! :) I've never commented before and just wanted to say hello (I'm a friend of Jen Harrison in IL; a marathon runner and doing my first tri this year).
Congrats on the IM Cozumel, btw (sorry about your run), WOW! You are truly inspiring with all of your training, races and journeys- I love reading about them... such an amazing triathlete and a great mommy you are! Thanks for blogging and keeping us all inspired. You seem like you have such a beautiful life, good for you!

Just heard about the possible tsunami coming your way... and wanted to say, be safe and hope all calms before it hits the islands. Take care over there!!

Nibbles said...

Bree,

I just heard about the tsunami warning. Please stay safe! I'm sending good vibes to you, Kainoa, Brooke, Nick, and all your friends!

Christi said...

I hope you have a great recovery! And likes Nibbles said, please be safe!

ShirleyPerly said...

Hope you are nowhere near the ocean right now. Stay safe!!!

miles99999 said...

Stay safe today....I hope that there is no tsunami.

Slow Rider said...

Get high Bree
No not that high, get to high ground please be safe

Amanda said...

Just this morning, as I was getting ready for work (after a weekend without blogs), I felt anxious to read your blog. Whenever I'm lacking motivation or inspiration, I know I can always come here and get a lift because you constantly speak of the gratitude you have for life. and sport.
so thanks!