Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ALMOST There.....

Another fun training day in the books. Another day that my incredible friends have made me laugh and smile and make this life mo-bettah!! I was cruising on my bike ride, just jamming to the IPOD, an Anuhea song, totally cheesing out...it was a little embarrassing actually. You see, my friend is getting married Saturday and I LOVE WEDDINGS, A LOT. I finally found a dress (looks like a purple Medusa jelly if you ask me). I was day dreaming about all that fun romantic stuff girls day dream about, my fingers were twirling my hair, my lips were singing the Anuhea song, and I even took the ring I wear on my right hand and put it on my left hand imagining I was married.
.
Mid day dream my friend Jason catches me (he was doing intervals), totally poked me in the ribs, caught me off guard, and busted me in my most girly of girly moments.... it was hilarious enough to almost knock him off the bike. Fun over and I got back to business and back to my truck with the above note on the window (love how my friends always make me smile).
.
Look closely and the bottom line says I need to go help Brooke. Sure enough the sister was in the hospital with the baby that is past-due now, but later sent home. I just got home from her house, she is in a world of hurt with the contractions, in the bath tub trying to relax, and I just want to rub her belly and take some of that horrific pain for her, been there and survived, dont like seeing her in my old shoes....
I'm so excited for her to become a mother. I think its the best thing on Earth. Even though Kainoa came a little sooner in my life than I was imagining he came at the time I needed him most and it has forever challenged me in ways I never knew and forever changed me in ways I only dreamed would be this amazing. Life is totally blessed when you get to share it with someone who looks up to you the way you look at stars dazzle in the sky...its a love like nothing Ive never known.... I cant stop thinking of my sister and what is about to happen to her in just a few hours or so (I know that baby is coming soon!!).

Well, the sun has set on another night here on the island and tomorrow it will pop up again. 4 more sleeps till the first triathlon of the season for me. Lots of good moments happening with love in the air and a new baby on the way... Good night from my favorite spot on Earth!
.
Bree
.

6 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Agreed about how great it is to be a mother... even if you don't think you're ready when it happens... but who is ever really ready? We adapt though and become ready when it is necessary. Then later we look back and realize it was the best thing we ever did. :) YES!

Best to your sister and her little one...

Christi said...

Good luck to your sister! I am excited for her new adventure!

Regina said...

So exciting! I remember the anticipation of my little one (not so little anymore). Motherhood rocks (ok, not all the time, but mostly :P)

Bruther said...

You are right - fatherhood, motherhood, parenthood changes everyone (or rather should - it did me) in ways that are indescribable. My two daughters have been nothing short of a life changing blessing.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Sending good vibes for Brooke and the baby!

Coach Liz said...

That traffic ticket is a hoot!

I remember being sent home from the hospital when I was in labor. Major suckage! Praying that the new baby comes soon.