Friday, March 12, 2010

Aloha Friday.

Another good day on the island. Simple and sweet. Something about sunsets and fire just drive me crazy and even more exciting when men in barely a grass skirt are throwing the fire and hula girls are shaking their hips to nothing but the Kona breeze. This Friday could not have come at more perfect timing, training has me fully appreciating every moment to sit on my bottom without having to pedal or hold myself in aero position.


Poor Kainoa woke up with that nasty bug that booger pickers and kids who share the same toys with slobber always get, something about preschool...so he was told to stay home for the day. We made the most of it with nap after nap. By sunset he was knee deep in Kailua pig, poi, huapia, and rice. When his appetite is back I know I'm safe from the cooties he likes to share from school. That and all the hula girls had him nothing but smiles tonight. Over and over he told me he wants to grow up to be a fireman. Lots of kids say that right? But I'm pretty sure he is saying he wants to grow up to be a fire dancer, he was in such amazement watching the men throw flames and eat it. The banging and shouting certainly had him on the edge of his seat too... in any case, a fireman...whatever you dream to become son. Whatever you dream...
The weekend looks to be some running, more running, and of course whatever the coach orders. And my training plan says, "Hawaiian activities: surf, beach, paddle, sun, find some fun but not too much of any". That's not a joke. That is written under my runs. Lovin' how coach is giving Kainoa and I the green light to play when the work is pau!!
.
ENJOY the weekend!
Bree

7 comments:

Regina said...

Fun stuff!!

t-odd said...

Hahahaha - "booger pickers" - Hope the boy is feeling better. Looks like nice weather.

Hope to see you in about 12 weeks.

Oscarjet said...

Cada dia en el paraiso...!!

Jill Costantino said...

You are so beautiful! Your coach pretty much ROCKS!!! Enjoy your weekend!

Deborah Moore said...

Sigh. Bree, thank you so much for posting such lovely descriptions and photos of your paradise over there. Having been there 3 times for the big race, I dream of moving there, but your blog will have to suffice for now.

D said...

I LOVE your new coach and what he's doing for you - not just as an athlete, but a person. It is so great to see you so happy!!

<3 ya :)

Shannon said...

"Something about sunsets and fire just drive me crazy and even more exciting when men in barely a grass skirt are throwing the fire and hula girls are shaking their hips to nothing but the Kona breeze"
That just made me go number three in my pants. Thanks!!! Awesome photos too, as usual!