Monday, March 8, 2010

Mohawks....

Wendy, Marketa, and I pretending to be Hawaiian Tropics girls, didn't really work.... but Marketa got a nice mohawk out of it! Hers is cool......
Ooooooop's sort of forgot to update the past few days. It was a lot of the usual, ocean swims, a 17 mile run, a longish ride, some time in the pool, a couple sit ups, rice and chicken, a smoothie or 10, a local fun day Kona style, a few movies, set the smoke alarm off and Wendy and Tyler had to help me before the fire guys came to the rescue, made wishes on stars, a good sunset or 3 to be more exact, a movie night with a good friend, and more of swimbikerun.... that's it.
.
And I saw a manta ray, love those.
Today Kainoa is back to me.me.me and I'm happy as can be! But he showed up with a mohawk. I'm not usually one to ramble my grumble but I didn't like it. Some kids look so cute with them but Kainoa looked more like he was about to rob a gumball machine and hold his play ground pals at water gun point...
.
I know why he had it too. Last week he asked if he could cut my hair and I said no. He goes in his room and comes back out with chunks of hair missing, he said he wanted to cut hair so he cut his own. I tried to fix it up (like the time I made him have crooked hair that looked like a mullet). Anyways, that's what happens when you have two homes with very different parents. Take a guess what I did???? I told Kainoa it looks like a birds nest and if he likes it he can keep it but if a bird flies by it's going to land in the nest on his head and lay an egg. The mohawk (or bird nest) is now gone.
.
That's all I have to report on. Tomorrow I'm doing a triathlon, not a real race one, just a training day that is somewhere between a half Ironman and an Ironman worth of swimbikerun.
.
Good night from the mohawkless house.
Bree

10 comments:

ADC said...

You should have taken photos :)

Christi said...

Yea, we need to see some photos of the hair!! My son had a mullet when he was younger and it was great. Of course, they were in style then and now he hates for me to show that pic!

Good luck with all the training!

Roblynn and Rebekah said...

You're so lucky all it took was a few words. When they are 15 it takes, like $50.00! Now that I have dreads I am forbidden to say anything about anybodies hair, ever! lol

Trigirlpink said...

oh lord.. that is so funny. Gumball machine robbing...

Christy said...

My 15 yr old wants purple in underneath in the back. Blonde hair, more than yours. It will never ever come out until it grows out. It may not even turn purple w/ such blonde hair. "NO!" was the 1st thing out of my mouth & w/out a thought. How long do you think will last? PURPLE HAIR... YIKES!

Christy said...

My 15 yr old wants purple in underneath in the back. Blonde hair, more than yours. It will never ever come out until it grows out. It may not even turn purple w/ such blonde hair. "NO!" was the 1st thing out of my mouth & w/out a thought. How long do you think will last? PURPLE HAIR... YIKES!

IAN said...

Please tell me you took a photo of him with the hawk? I had one when I was about 11. My mom should have cut it off.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Your public wants photos but I'm guessing you don't want to be reminded :-)

Hope you have a safe and strong training day!

CoachLiz said...

Oh the joys of being a parent. The story of the bird coming to roost in his hair is hilarious! You get extra Mommy points for that one.

Samantha said...

LOLOL....why can I picture that!

Nice job Mom! Better hide those scissors just in case. :)