Wednesday, March 17, 2010

This Week In My Tri-Life...

Some of my best moments I've known are surfing moments. The thing that has stuck with me longest as I'm experiencing more life is something some of the guys I grew up surfing with would say to me...."Bree, you always take the waves you know are going to smash you right on the head, you get beat up, yet you always come up smiling". Life is so like that for me... I take em' on the head, get beat up, maybe get some sand in my pants and shed a few tears but I'm still finding some ways to smile about it all...
The triathlon season is fully underway now, mine is "almost" here. Next week is my first one and 4 weeks after that is my first Ironman of the year. My heart is nothing short of beating crazily. My stomach is already filled with butterflies. And then there is my head. I've had some amazing training days this season, some moments that have given me a lot of confidence and helped me find some hope and refreshed passion. A few days where all the disappointments and hurt of last seasons bittersweet moments fade further into the past and some glimmery sparkles shine towards the future. To say I'm totally confident again isn't totally true but I'm getting back that "fighter" in me with each mini goal coach and I set up and tackle. It's nice...
.
Yesterday I was having swimbikerun dreams of finish lines with moments that had my arms in the air like I was happy. I fell asleep under a tree at the beach just day dreaming triathlon, I rarely do that, it must be my head and heart are finally on the same page with my sport and life again.
The week has started out with a load of training that has ended in of course, sunsets. Those will never be taken for granted. I've got almost 30 hours of swimbikerun this week, 2 massages thanks to Dawn Henry, and lots of support that also will never be taken for granted. My sisters baby is due too, I've asked her kindly to keep it in till this week is over because I really want my sleep every night so I can make it through the weeks training load...she laughed and said I'll be the first one she'll call and you better believe I'll be the first one to show up!
Time for swim practice...then off to bed, tomorrow wake up to do it all over again. Never overlook a treasure, this week triathlon is a treasure i'm very happy with... oh, and I better share something a friend told me last night. He said, "Bree, the good stuff in life never washes away, the bad stuff always does, it just takes time, but it does go away". Then we put it to triathlon, the bad races eventually fade to the back, the disappointments fade too, but the good stuff, like all those good training sessions, good races, those stay with you...
.
Bree

12 comments:

Jill Costantino said...

Woohoo, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post for YOU!!! Can't wait to watch you conquer your goals this year!
Thanks for the sister update does she know there are a ton of people waiting for the details? Wishing her a quick and easy delivery with a SUPER healthy bambino!

Jolene said...

I have a feeling someone is gonna have a great 2010 triathlon season out there! Your attitude rocks, and Kona (as always) is rooting for you!!!

Sending positive thoughts your way that your nephew arrives healthy, happy...and in a week! ;-)

Kelly said...

I cannot wait to see how this season goes for you. I have complete faith that you will fulfill and exceed your potential in so many ways - even beyond triathlon!! I'll be watching and rooting for you the whole time!

Christi said...

Like the rest that have commented I can't wait for your races to start. I know you are going to kick it! And that will trickle down to me. I mean the training already has. I have been putting in some killer weeks and it is because of your example!

PocoLocoMan said...

Wishing you nothing but good luck, Bree. You'll do great... much better than any of us mere mortals dare dream of :)

Coach Liz said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that your sister's baby does not come a moment too early so you can get your race out of the way to be there for her.

I wish I could be there for Lava Man.

AM-GoalsfortheWeek! said...

I'll be at Lavaman too! Was there last year as well. Saw you kick booty. nice;-) I'll just try and keep trackin' ya down in the second to last heat. ugh!;-)

ADC said...

You sound happy and confident and ready to race. I am so happy for you.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

TWO massages???
LUCKEEEE!
Are there any 55 year old pros?
I need to sign up if massages go with the program....

Ordinarylife said...

Holding thumbs for your sister. I can't believe it was over a month ago that I was in the same boat.

I can't wait for next month - I will be cheering for you the loudest!!!!!!! And in person this time - so excited!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Falling asleep under a tree. Now that sounds like heaven.

Go Bree!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

I am rooting for you all the way!!! GO BREE! You have paid your dues and it will pay off big time.